ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working and living in different EU states

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

just_right
Newly Registered

Working and living in different EU states

Post by just_right » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi all

I wonder if this type of questions have been answered before.
As far as I know for EU citizens, they are allowed to work in one state and live in another one.

Could the non-EU nationals do the same?

Holding the German Permanent residence permit, and now receiving a permanent job offer from another state. I already received the work residence permit for the new country. Just curious if the work and live in different state option applies to non-EU nationals as well.

Thanks for your advice!

MUKP
Newly Registered

Similar situation

Post by MUKP » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi

I am same situation. I have PR in the UK and am planning to move to a different EU country for work.

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/ ... 034_en.htm

This is what I found and am going to request the Visa officer to consider.

Hope this helps.

Rolfus
European Union

Post by Rolfus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 pm

civis europeus sum

just_right
Newly Registered

Thanks!

Post by just_right » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi guys

Thanks for your links! However that is not my original question.

What I mean is, can a non-EU national lives in state A but work in state B? In case he or she has the proper work & residence permit.

My tax adviser said from tax point of view is perfectly fine. Just wonder if there is any other limitation to this for non-EU nationals.

Rolfus
European Union

Post by Rolfus » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 pm

There probably won't be any problem because you are resident in more than one country. But you would need to think clearly about the basis on which you have residence rights in each. I could envisage circumstances in which you could inadvertently lose residence rights in one country by being abroad for more than a certain number of days. That might have consequences. Look at EN (Continuity of residence – family member) Nigeria [2011] UKUT 55 (IAC)
civis europeus sum