ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) extension - qualifications/Biometric

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhavinjbhatt
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) extension - qualifications/Biometric

Post by bhavinjbhatt » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi All

I need to extend my Tier 1 (General) in the next few days. Just two issues with it

1. i haven't done the biometrics, so will this affect my application ? i have read in their guidance that if you haven't done the biometrics, they will send a letter for you to book your biometric within 15days of the letter, please advice if this true.

2. I have a Masters degree in Data communication systems from Brunel University. Please advice whether UKBA considers Masters as the qualification or Data Communication systems as qualification.

Thanking you in advance.

regards
bhavin

shah175

Post by shah175 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:49 pm

1 yes u will be given opportunity for your biometrics.
2 you better check your degree and university authenticity if that's listed in Tier1 PBS calculator. If it's not there then check it with NARIC, and by the way is it a new qualification or the same what u have claimed already in first application?

bhavinjbhatt
Newly Registered

spoke to uk naric

Post by bhavinjbhatt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:01 am

Hi sha175,

Thank you for your reply regarding biometric.

With reference to the qualification, I applied three years ago and definitely didnt provide a NARIC letter. I only provided the details.

I just spoke to NARIC and they say that they only provide letters for international qualifications or qualifications from other countries, but if my qualification is from the UK, then it should be recognised anyways.

Please advice.

Bhavin