ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Long Residence: HMRC Debt

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaj
Newly Registered

10 Years Long Residence: HMRC Debt

Post by shaj » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Guys,

I am applying for my ILR by the end of this month 18-Jan-2012 (10 year long residence basis). I came to this country on 10-Feb-2002 on student visa. My current visa status is Tier 1 General and it is valid until 1-Jun-2012.

I got a debt with HMRC around £1400 due to tax haven't paid properly with my two employments in the past. At present I am paying £20 per month as agreed with the HMRC. My question "is this debt of £1400 to HMRC is going to effect my ILR if I continue to make payments every month" or is it better to clear it off before making ILR application.

All of my visa applications so far are in time and valid-no gaps. Never been out of country for more than 18 months and never spent 6 months in any single period out of UK in the last 10 years. No criminal convictions & never claimed any public funds. Passed life in the UK test. I got my SAR document as well.

Is it OK to appy before completion of 10 years (my current visa is valid until 1-June-2012).

Please guide me with the HMRC debt and any advice on the documentation.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Re: 10 Years Long Residence: HMRC Debt

Post by 2012 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:01 pm

shaj wrote:Hi Guys,

I am applying for my ILR by the end of this month 18-Jan-2012 (10 year long residence basis). I came to this country on 10-Feb-2002 on student visa. My current visa status is Tier 1 General and it is valid until 1-Jun-2012.

I got a debt with HMRC around £1400 due to tax haven't paid properly with my two employments in the past. At present I am paying £20 per month as agreed with the HMRC. My question "is this debt of £1400 to HMRC is going to effect my ILR if I continue to make payments every month" or is it better to clear it off before making ILR application.

All of my visa applications so far are in time and valid-no gaps. Never been out of country for more than 18 months and never spent 6 months in any single period out of UK in the last 10 years. No criminal convictions & never claimed any public funds. Passed life in the UK test. I got my SAR document as well.

Is it OK to appy before completion of 10 years (my current visa is valid until 1-June-2012).

Please guide me with the HMRC debt and any advice on the documentation.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
1. For 10 years ILR you can apply 28 days before u complete the required period.
2. HMRC, did you go to the court and received an order to pay the debt or was it settled between you and HMRC only to pay in installments?

shaj
Newly Registered

Post by shaj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:09 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

No-it didn't went to the court. It is an arrangement between me and HMRC to pay in installments.

Thanks.

Post by 2012 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:31 pm

shaj wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

No-it didn't went to the court. It is an arrangement between me and HMRC to pay in installments.

Thanks.
1. U will be fine in regards to HMRC if that is the case.