ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about tier-2 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2visa1980
Newly Registered

Query about tier-2 dependent

Post by Tier2visa1980 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Dear all,

At the moment I have Tier-2 visa and my wife has Tier-2 dependent visa and our visas are valid until August 2014. Both I and my wife will qualify for ILR visa in March 2012 and I want to apply for ILR visa for myself in March 2012.

Once I receive my ILR visa BRP card we are planning to visit India in early April. I will return to UK by end of April 2012 but my wife planning to return to UK by end of June 2012 as Tier-2 dependent visa.

When I will receive my ILR visa BRP cards then my visa status changes from Tier-2 to ILR , in such case

1)Does my wife can return to UK in May 2012 under tier-2 dependent visa even though my status would be ILR at that time?

2) Once she retune back to UK can I apply ILR visa for my wife in July 2012 by post?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Query about tier-2 dependent

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 am

Tier2visa1980 wrote:Dear all,

At the moment I have Tier-2 visa and my wife has Tier-2 dependent visa and our visas are valid until August 2014. Both I and my wife will qualify for ILR visa in March 2012 and I want to apply for ILR visa for myself in March 2012.
If your wife also qualifies for ILR, then why will she not apply for ILR together too? Else, she should switch.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tier2visa1980
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2visa1980 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:10 pm

dear Vinny,

Due to personal issues my wife need to visit Inidia before we both qualify for ILR in March 2012. Back to my query does she able to travel back to UK on Jue 2012 under tier-2visa dependent . Apparently at that time my visa will be changed to ILR status