ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Gen dependant online form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Tier 1 Gen dependant online form

Post by Tier1G09 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi,

I am not married to my fiancé yet and getting married on 2nd week of feb and planning to submit visa immediately after that. I have two questions:

1) Can i fill my fiancé form on her behalf providing I have all the relevant information handy,

2) In the form they will ask about the Marital status my fiancé like single, married, as she is not married to me yet but can I select married?

Please advice.

Regards

Also I got to know that for biometrics the applicant can not apply henna or mehndi on the fingers or palms but can the applicant apply mehndi on the back hand.

dutta.pallavi1
Newly Registered

Post by dutta.pallavi1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Ideally start the application 1 week before u want to submit application and to get the date. Please don't apply henna on finer tips. They will not take biometric if the henna is there on fingertips...Yes ur fiance cann fill the info...

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:36 pm

dutta.pallavi1 wrote:Ideally start the application 1 week before u want to submit application and to get the date. Please don't apply henna on finer tips. They will not take biometric if the henna is there on fingertips...Yes ur fiance cann fill the info...
So this means she can select married before she get married to me in order to fill the form.

dutta.pallavi1
Newly Registered

Post by dutta.pallavi1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm

yes definitely

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:17 pm

dutta.pallavi1 wrote:

yes definitely
Thanks for confirming.

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent Application (wife)

Post by a.agrawal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Tier1G09 / dutta.pallavi1,

Even I am getting marry at the end of this month and planning to apply for my wife's depdendent visa on 31st january 2012....

I am on Tier 1 General visa for last 3 years and now applying for my wife's dependent visa...

Could you share documents and process you guys are following...

I have not yet started anything, all I have is £1500 balance since last 3 months...

@Tier1G09 - As we both seems to be on same boat, wuold liek to discuss this in more detail...

Thanks,
Anurag

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Application (wife)

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:31 pm

a.agrawal wrote:Hi Tier1G09 / dutta.pallavi1,

@Tier1G09 - As we both seems to be on same boat, wuold liek to discuss this in more detail...

Thanks,
Anurag
Sure Anurag, you have to submit the following docs with your application:

1)Online completed form
2)Sponsor letter from you
3)Cover letter from your wife
4)Certificate of the Marriage
5)Photocopies of your passport and all the visa pages
6)Wedding card
7)Marriage photos and any other random picsyou have with your fiance.
8)Last 3 months bank statement
9)Last 3-6 months pay slips.
10)Letter of employment from your employer.
11)If you have Tax returns from last 3 years.
12)Tenancy agreement.
Also if you have called your fiance in the past using your mobile or skype or any other sw, then take print out of mobile bills or skype call history or chat transcripts.

Also check this thread as well:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62853

Let me know if you have any other question.

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Alright !!!

Post by a.agrawal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:51 pm

that was super...

Well how much maintenance you are showing, according to what I have understood is that we need to show £533 for the last 3 months...

I am guessing you are on Tier 1 General PBS visa (3+2) years... I have recently got my extension done last month after completing initail 3 years....

-anurag

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Document Checklist

Post by a.agrawal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 pm

1)Online completed form - which is on (http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/)
2)Sponsor letter from you - Need format
3)Cover letter from your wife - Need format
4)Certificate of the Marriage - Will get it on 27th Jan 2012
5)Photocopies of your passport and all the visa pages - Done
6)Wedding card - Done (2 cards (One form my side one from my wife side)
7)Marriage photos and any other random picsyou have with your fiance. Will get it after marriage
8)Last 3 months bank statement - Done
9)Last 3-6 months pay slips. - Done
10)Letter of employment from your employer. - Done
11)If you have Tax returns from last 3 years. - Done (Last 2 years 2009 and 2010)
12)Tenancy agreement. - Done

I think I have to posponed my applicaiton date to 6th Feb as my marriage is on 27th Jan and 28-29th is weekend so i was planning to apply on 30th but I dont think I will get marriage pics by then... an I am going for my honeymoon on 31st-4th Feb... So will apply after reutnring...

A friend of mine had applied for wife's visa same as like us, he told me that we need to book an appointment by emailing VFS. I will get the email address tonight...and will post it here... what you think about it...

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Document Checklist

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:24 pm

a.agrawal wrote:1)Online completed form - which is on .

A friend of mine had applied for wife's visa same as like us, he told me that we need to book an appointment by emailing VFS. I will get the email address tonight...and will post it here... what you think about it...
I dont know whether we have to send any email in order to get the appointment. As VFS person told me that after we fill the application form, we can choose the date and time for the appointment.

You can have the sponsor and cover letter format from this thread, someone shared his letters with me.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=92606

Just amend it and also have you filled the online form yet and also from where you are planning to file the visa?

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Alright

Post by a.agrawal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi, the cover letters are fine I guess will use them...

Just saw that it was stated that £1700 was kept as maintenance funds for the application made from Pakistan... how much are you showing...

I will be doing it from VFS-ahmedabad as that's my home town...

I have filled up the on-line form but haven't yet submitted.... I think it make sense if we submit the form it will ask us to choose appointment, coz I read somewhere that application made after 12th Dec 2011 needs to be completed by on-line compulsory... So my friends case is not applicable as he made the application in Nov 2011...

what about you, let me know about the maintenance fund amount... I have a confusion on it...

-anurag

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Alright

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm

a.agrawal wrote:Hi, the cover letters are fine I guess will use them...
what about you, let me know about the maintenance fund amount... I have a confusion on it...

-anurag
I am getting married on 10 feb and planning to submit form the next weekend. I am showing £2000, but the minimum you have to show is £1333 (533 (dependant)+800 (Main applicant ie you)) as you are already in the UK from last 3 years.

I will submit the form in the last week of Jan.

Also VFS told me that you can change your appointment within 7 days of booking appointment.

Also make sure your fiance shouldnt apply any henna or mehendi on the fingers or palm as they will ask for her biometrics and they will refuse if there is any henna or mehendi on the hands. see this link:

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries ... %20English

You can call them at 91- 040-66305600 for any question.

So you are saying that you have already filled the form online?
Do we have the option of saving the form online and submitting it later?
Please clear this doubt.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm

which form do we need to use for dependant visa??

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Online Form

Post by a.agrawal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Yes,

On the first screen of on-line form it will ask you to provide email and password... Once you have provided this then the form is divide in different section just like our PBS calculator, it will keep on saving the information automatically...

It will also send you an email with login information and application number that you can use to login and make modifications to your existing form...

It will save the information for 7 days only before you can complete it... I have filled everything and I am on last screen, which confirms everything that I have entered... I am guessing that next it will ask me to select appointment slot...

Go on this site http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ on the left hand side you will see "Apply for Visa" you need to start from their...

Once you have provided email address and all.. close the browser and open you email account you will have an email with Application number

On the left hand side menu under Apply for visa you will also have "Exisitng application login here" link that will be to retrieve you application... and continue filling it up...

-Anurag

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm

canon123 wrote:which form do we need to use for dependant visa??
We have to complete online form at visa4uk website.
I never visited the website so don't know.

You mentioned above that you already filled the form.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Online Form

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:36 pm

a.agrawal wrote:

On the left hand side menu under Apply for visa you will also have "Exisitng application login here" link that will be to retrieve you application... and continue filling it up...

-Anurag
That's great, thanks for explaining that to me.
I will fill the form on or after 25 jan.
How long it will take to fill the form?
Also is that easy or confusing?

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:41 pm

is it tier1 (General) -> Partner and Child forms we need to fill in??? or is it Other -> Dependant category form we need to fill in

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm

canon123 wrote:is it tier1 (General) -> Partner and Child forms we need to fill in??? or is it Other -> Dependant category form we need to fill in
No idea...anurag please clear this.

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Here you go...

Post by a.agrawal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Have a look at this http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/Book_appointment.html

From 12Dec2011 they made it compulsory for Tier 1 Dependent to apply on-line and book an appointment...

I have just finished my application and booked a slot... I have booked for 7th Feb 11AM ... And I saw that I can even book for days till 28th Feb... Didn't checked for march... I am talking about Ahmedabad centre... just check for your applicable centre... you can book the appointment and can change it any time...

I would suggest to book an tentative appointment, incase if it get busy in mid Feb as lot of marriages are going on in Jan end... :)

Once you will book an appointment it will give you option to print On-line application form and Appointment confirmation form...

You will need both the form printed and present at the centre...

the form took me around 20 mins... Just have your passport and your wifes passport handy, as you wil require to fill your wife's father and mother details... Rest is quite straight forward...

@canon123 : where/which form you are talking about... I think tier 1 General (Partner) in my case...

-Anurag

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Here you go...

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks Anurag for the details.
Also one more thing, I don't have printer at home so can I fill the form at my home and save a copy and take the printout later?

Thanks

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

Form printing

Post by a.agrawal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:17 pm

You can save the form as PDF or else complete the form and open it again on the system that has printer attached...

If you are cant save the form as PDF better to go to some internet cafe and open you online application their... it should be fine...

their are around 10 pages for application form and 1 for appointment form...

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Form printing

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:21 pm

a.agrawal wrote:You can save the form as PDF or else complete the form and open it again on the system that has printer attached...

If you are cant save the form as PDF better to go to some internet cafe and open you online application their... it should be fine...

Brilliant! Thanks again buddy...I think I will fill the form tomorrow as I don't have my fiancé details handy with me.

All the best buddy for your application. May your wife get visa asap :)

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:44 pm

I got it!

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Tier1G09 wrote:
a.agrawal wrote:You can save the form as PDF or else complete the form and open it again on the system that has printer attached...

Brilliant! Thanks again buddy...I think I will fill the form tomorrow as I don't have my fiancé details handy with me.

All the best buddy for your application. May your wife get visa asap :)
I am stuck while filling the form, Section 6 - Employment and Finances

My wife is unemployed and I will sponsor her. Could you please guide me, what should I write under:

How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members?

How much do you spend each month on living costs?

Please guide ASAP!

a.agrawal
Newly Registered

update

Post by a.agrawal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi,

Any updates on applications... I have not yet applied for my Miss's visa... will be doing it next week...

Please share your updates if any...

Thanks,
Anurag