ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply now or should i wait ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qaws_14

Can I apply now or should i wait ?

Post by qaws_14 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 am

Dear All,

I have applied for Tier 2 visa.

I will finish my five years in february 2012, as I was on Work Permit from february 2007.

Now I will receive tier 2 visa in this month.
1 )If I was with the old employer than I could have applied for ILR now as I finish 5 years in first week of february.

2) But as I will be joining the new employer after getting the tier 2 visa, should I apply immediately as I have already completed 5 years OR should I wait, and if wait then how much should I wait.
Can I apply for the ILR in march after having received the pay slip for the month of febraury.

I was made redundant from october 2011, but applied for tier 2 within 60 days

Second Issue is :
I have now applied for the Tier 2 for me, wife and child who was born in uk.
However I have not applied for my son who was born in india and he is in india at the moment and never came here for last 4 years. I always go and visit him. He is under 10 years age. He has been to uk couple of times and still he has a valid WP dependent visa. Now as i was made redundant as the company closed down and I have applied for tier 2 for three of us and not for the son who is india, I have the confusion of whether or not he will get ILR when I apply in coming months.

Should I apply for his tier 2 dependent from india or should i wait till I get ILR and then apply for his ILR.

please guide

qaws_14

Post by qaws_14 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Help.... someone please help....

qaws_14

Post by qaws_14 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Hello senior members.....

Tier2visa1980
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2visa1980 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:33 pm

I am not expert but i reckon this what i do feel might be the best options

1. Wait for first month pay slip and then apply ILR visa only for your self first.

Therefore your visa will be secure under ILR status

2. Once your ILR visa approved successfully then apply for all other dependents both in UK and also in INDIA

hope some seniors would also reply to your query soon.

qaws_14

Post by qaws_14 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:22 pm

Thankyou Tier2visa1980,

Your reply has given me good support and I hope that some senior member would provide me some valuable guidance.

qaws_14

Post by qaws_14 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:03 am

Please help...