ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa from outside UK and me in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

holla007

Tier 1 Dependant Visa from outside UK and me in UK

Post by holla007 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi guys,

Please can someone advice me on the facts here.

I have been in Uk under Point Base System (student +PSW) for over 3 years, but just switch to Tier 1 General for a year now and I want to make a Tier 1 dependant visa for my wife from outside the uk and she has never visited uk before anyway.
Please can I know how much maintenance funds did she need to keep for 3 months and how much do I need to keep on my side for the 3 months.
Thanks
Holla

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 1 Dependant Visa from outside UK and me in UK

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:17 pm

holla007 wrote:Hi guys,

Please can someone advice me on the facts here.

I have been in Uk under Point Base System (student +PSW) for over 3 years, but just switch to Tier 1 General for a year now and I want to make a Tier 1 dependant visa for my wife from outside the uk and she has never visited uk before anyway.
Please can I know how much maintenance funds did she need to keep for 3 months and how much do I need to keep on my side for the 3 months.
Thanks
Holla
If the main Tier 1 (General) applicant or migrant has been in the UK for less than 12 months, you must show that you or they have at least £1,600 to support you, in addition to the funds needed to support them.

If the main applicant or migrant has been in the UK for 12 months or more, you or they must have at least £533 to support you.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ent-funds/

Also look this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62853

holla007

Post by holla007 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your response but there is something else i want to confirm here, supposing i have the £533 in my own account and i also have another £533 on this same account of mine making a total of £1066 on my own account, is it compulsory for my wife to have a sepearte £533 on her own account, i mean can my own account covers for her own part if i have more than £1066 required for both of us on my own accounts.

Thanks
holla

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:21 pm

holla007 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your response but there is something else i want to confirm here, supposing i have the £533 in my own account and i also have another £533 on this same account of mine making a total of £1066 on my own account, is it compulsory for my wife to have a sepearte £533 on her own account, i mean can my own account covers for her own part if i have more than £1066 required for both of us on my own accounts.

Thanks
holla
Yes you can sponsor her and you show your funds to sponsor her.