ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to register my Korean wife in Germany?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stewy1988
Newly Registered

How to register my Korean wife in Germany?

Post by stewy1988 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:50 pm

Hello everyone. I posted recently about relocating to Germany with my South Korean wife. It is my understanding that by EU law, she has the right to remain in the country with me as long as I can prove self sufficiency. So, if I find a job and we get a place to stay she should be able to stay with me. I am right in thinking this?...

So, I was just wondering about the logistics of it. If possible, can I ask you guys a couple of questions? Thank you in advance.

1. OK. So we go to Germany. I find some freelance English teaching and we find a little place that will make do for the time being. My wife has 3 months in germany before she has to leave, so how exactly would I go about getting her some kind of residency permit? Where do I go? Will it be easy enough to achieve without knowledge of German?

2. What documents should we bring with us? What will the appropriate bodies require from us in order to gain residency on my wife's part?

I think that's about it for now. Thanks again for all your kind help!

Cheers,

Stewart.