ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Rejected Due to Appropriate Salary points not awarded

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:47 pm

In-person is same as premium application.

9 times out of 10...you get your decision same day but if caseworker needs to do background check etc., then it will be treated as postal application;results can take anywhere from 1 month to infinity!

premium app requires you booking an appointment and they are a hot property. if you are desperate then you should talk to lawyers/agencies who books bulk of these appointments as soon as they are made available, which they can let you use for an extra fee.

rubzye
Newly Registered

Post by rubzye » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:51 am

do you think in my case... i have the chance to apply this by person?? by sending in fresh application...???

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:01 pm

rubzye wrote:
sidj wrote:Hi Rubzye,

If you read Part 10 of http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

"10. ALTERED OR ADDITIONAL GROUNDS OF APPEAL
An appellant may add to, or amend the grounds of the appeal up to the time that it is
heard by the Tribunal. This is an essential part of the one stop appeal process.
Section 86 (2) (a) of the 2002 Act requires the Tribunal to consider any matter raised
as a ground of appeal. (See Appeals Directorate operational guidance on the one
stop appeal for detailed advice on the position when further grounds are made during
the passage of an appeal.) "

As per this, you should be able to present additional info at the appeal. Hence, you can now show that your job code has changed.

that means that you can add additional information for an appeal that is already in place...

No it doesn't - not for PBS appeals. The evidence you can submit in a PBS appeal is restricted - you cannot generally submit new evidence/information that was not submitted with the original application if it relates to the acquisition of points - in other words - if your employer submitted the wrong SoC, you can't submit the right SoC in your appeal. See Section Section 85A and unnecessary appeals to end

I think you are getting yourself into a bit of a mess here trying to interpret law and misunderstanding it. I would suggest you seek advice from an immigration solicitor before you make further mistakes.

rubzye
Newly Registered

Post by rubzye » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:14 pm

hi greenie, thank you for letting me know that... however... my company has decided that it is appropriate that i make a second application where i would hand in the correct COS with the right SoC code... but what i am not very certain is if i can make the second application in person... when i called the UKBA enquiry line... they were not really helpful.. all they told me is that it is my choice as to what i want to do now either make a fresh application or to go back to my country and make the application or to make an appeal... but i understand that i do not have a ground to make an appeal.. please could you advice me... my company is in the process of requesting further allotment for certificate of sponsorship...

thank you very much in advance...

rubzye
Newly Registered

Post by rubzye » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 pm

hi all,

just to update everyone, i have now got my visa approved today.. after all the hassle.. finally.. feeling so relieved... will be receiving my BRP soon as well. :)

thank you to everyone here who gave advice to me... i am really grateful for all your help!!

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 pm

rubzye wrote:hi all,

just to update everyone, i have now got my visa approved today.. after all the hassle.. finally.. feeling so relieved... will be receiving my BRP soon as well. :)

thank you to everyone here who gave advice to me... i am really grateful for all your help!!
congrats :D

sidj
Newly Registered

Post by sidj » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:01 am

congrats!
did you send in an out-of-time application or did you appeal?

If it was the out-of-time application - did you do this by by the same-day premium service?

details would be really appreciated. I am still waiting to be assigned an appeal hearing date.

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Hey can you share your timeline and did you receive your passport and other documents as well.

Yen
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Yen » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi
Did you work during the process?
Did you get a new COS and bring it to appeal?

I need your help!!

obmh1
Newly Registered
India

rubzye

Post by obmh1 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi rubzye m in the same situation, did u reapply and what was the outcome.
My legal advisor suggests that my employer accept on the hearing date if I appeal that they have made the mistake by issuing the wrong SOC code and job title.
I want to know how you got on with your reapplication