ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP -> Tier 1 general P60 query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrconfused
Newly Registered

WP -> Tier 1 general P60 query

Post by ilrconfused » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi,

I am going for ILR in the month of march 2012. I entered as ICT WP holder in Mar 2007 switched to WP in June 2007 and switched to Tier 1 general in March 2009 and current visa is valid till Apr 2012.
I have a peculiar case.... while switching to Tier 1 general in March 2009,my employer cheated me saying that he has paid the tax and gave me payslips.I submit those payslips and bankstatements for 12 months and got Tier 1 (general) visa. Later I realised that he did not pay the tax as promised looking at P60 .

But, for the past three years, I have been paying the tax regularly and my tax record is quite perfect.

Now, as part of ILR I am submitting the 5 years P60's as evidence. Will the homeoffice find the truth that my employer(now the employer is no more, the consultancy is closed..) has not paid the tax for the year 2007-08 as promised?will they reject my application based on this??what if I don't submit my P60 for that particular year?

Please answer me ..in case if they are going to reject, then would I be able to go for Tier-1 extension??

ilrconfused
Newly Registered

Post by ilrconfused » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea?plz answer me..

regards,
Priya

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:35 pm

As long as you got the pay slips, you should be fine. It was your employer’s responsibility then to pay the correct tax, if he has not paid that’s his problem.

You need to be honest in your ILR application and I would suggest you taking professional advice.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:09 pm

not your problem. you have the payslips and money going to bank account confirming that (net salary) so as far as you are concerned you are getting money after tax.

ilrconfused
Newly Registered

Post by ilrconfused » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks for your replies. So, instead of P60 for the year 2008-09, is it sufficient to provide payslips and bankstatements?