ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from Romania

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AxA
Newly Registered

Applying from Romania

Post by AxA » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:54 pm

Hello everybody!

I have some questions about HSMP. First I am curious if there is somebody on this board who applied from Romania. Second, I wanted to know if the recent frictions about Romanians and Bulgarians visa suspension and stuff (which is true, has been raised except for self-employed applicants) could or would influence the Home Office decision? And third, as I applied from a country which is exempt for the 150GBP fee, how can I have some confirmation that they received my file, except from the DHL tracking service?

Thank you.

ashfaq
Newly Registered

Post by ashfaq » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:38 am

Send your inquiry email to

HSMP.Workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

They will not only confirm your application reciept date but also provide your Application Reference No.

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:46 pm

Hi there. I am from Bulgaria and I intend to send my application soon.
I have friends that got their decision after HSMP visas processing for Bulgaria and Romania has been resumed. I don't think the scandal has any impact on HSMP. HSMP has much more strict rules and requirements than ECAA self employeed visas so I think it cannot be tricked so easily.
But that's just my opinion. May be other rivals can comment as well?
Cheers
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:11 am

there was a guy here "eezvvp" he was from bulgaria and was caught in the same problem. He did not update the status. Ask LA_MIKe if he knows something.
I suggest you to contact www.workpermit.com / ukworking.com , in short any consultant. They can give you better solution.

AxA
Newly Registered

Post by AxA » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:22 pm

Thank you all.

These days I will send them an email requesting a reference number.
Meanwhile, I can't think to anything else, HSMP is always on my mind.
I will ask somebody to record my reaction (still photographs or motion picture rubbish) the day when I'd receive the final decision :).

Alex.

AxA
Newly Registered

Post by AxA » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:06 pm

Ok, I received the folowing reply to my email:
Dear Applicant:

I can confirm we reived your application on 28/06/04, we are currently working on applications dated the 15/03/04.
Therefore it will be sometime before your case is allocated to a caseworker. I can confimr your reference number is 021***.

Regards
HSMP Team
So I guess that by the time they will process my application it would probably take about six months get an answer.

druid
Newly Registered

Post by druid » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:51 pm

HI AxA,

I am Bulgarian and my HSMP application was approved after the visa scandal. I don't think that the resent complications with visa applications from Bulgaria and Romania had any implications on the decision process. If you have provided all the relevant documents and they are genuine you don't have to worry.
Good luck!

D