ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal or fresh application, after Tier 2 was rejected

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidj
Newly Registered

Post by sidj » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Greenie,

Thanks for that info. I will try contacting them.

I did read the clause that you cannot provide new evidence to claim points. But, you can provide new evidence to prove the validity of a document submitted earlier.

So, I was thinking of showing evidence to prove that my CoS is valid (i.e. I got a salary hike before my application was decided but was unable to communicate this to UKBA due to the Christmas holiday period). I am also planning to support this with evidence that my job code actually matches something else other than the one mentioned on the CoS.

I know I am still probably trying to understand complicated law which isn't my domain. But just thought I'll put it out there for other peoples views. What do you think?

Thanks,
sidj

peg1980
Newly Registered

Follow up the topic

Post by peg1980 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi sidj
In my case, I ask oral hearing.
In my cover letter, I provided the evidence for their rejected reasons. The reasons for rejection are salary and English skill.

In salary part, my COS code is correct, but the way to calculate salary is different from UKBA's calculation. There is no formula for calculate how much money we must earn per year. So my company just put my monthly salary into 12 months which is justification for 20 points.
New evidence: my salary increased on 1 Dec after performance review. So I have no problem to meet UKVBA calculation.
In English part, I have no problem to support original document.
That's pretty much what I said in the cover letter.

I will keep you update for any further info.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:46 am

sidj wrote:
So, I was thinking of showing evidence to prove that my CoS is valid (i.e. I got a salary hike before my application was decided but was unable to communicate this to UKBA due to the Christmas holiday period).
COS is how UKBA determines what salary code etc. are you on.

You cannot have it changed midway your application; its impossible! cuz you will need to do it via sponsorship managment system. and im pretty sure you cant change details after cos number is assigned.

you may have been given salary hike etc etc AFTER you were assigned COS...but thats irrelevant as far as ukba is concerned.

According to their record, you are on a salary etc which doesn't satisfy their criteria.

ukba rules implies that you ought to submit new app (with a COS reflecting those changes) if there is a major change in your job details etc. in your case, it is pretty major cuz BEFORE you were not satisfying the criteria and AFTER you are!