ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull PEO (from Tier 1 G)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhijack

ILR success at Solihull PEO (from Tier 1 G)

Post by abhijack » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi friends.. Thanks for all the support from this forum. I got my ILR yesterday from Solihull PEO. My eligiblity was based on 2 years HSMP (post nov 2006) and 3 years Tier 1 Gen. I was applying for myself plus 1 dependant.

My appointment time was 9.30 am and arrived there at 9 am. There are a couple of parking garages within less than 5 mins walking distance. The nearest one is Dominion Court car park (2 mins walk) and then the John Lewis multistorey carpark (3 mins walk).

Was admitted into the office at 9 am . A guy at reception flipped through the application form and took my name. Went through the security check okay. Waited for a while and recieved a token. I got to say the waiting area is pretty decent and felt reception staff were reasonably pleasant. Was called at 9.45.

The officer was quite nice. Asked for application form and passports. Then asked for LIUK certificate. Then the 12 payslips and corresponding bank statements. Then asked for cohab docs. I gave few utility bills in joint names and bank statement of wife in her name. From that he took the most recent bank statement and 2 utility bills and gave the rest back.

No further docs asked including P60. I offered photocopies but he declined then politely. He went inside for 2 or 3 mins and came back to tell everything looks fine and ILR will be granted for both of us. Asked me to make payment and come back in 2 hours to collect passport and the few original docs he took.

Left the office at 10 am and wandered aroung Touchwood shopping centre which is quite nice and time just flew. Collected the passports with ILR stamped from the reception after 2 hours as advised.

And then we had an excellent buffet from Jimmys Spices which is just opposite the Office. I had it from Bham from never from Solihull..Highly recommended!!!! [Disclaimer: I dont have any connection with Jimmys Spices management :) ]

Feel free to ask for any clarifications if that helps your application process and will be happy to reply.

PS: special thanks to people who replied to my doubts..2 people coming to mind are zahid ali and valencia... many thanks...

ghs007
Newly Registered

happy days..

Post by ghs007 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:41 pm

congratulations abhijack!!

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Congrats mate!

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:16 pm

thanks uk_mkh and ghs007.....

PRapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by PRapplicant » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi first of all, congratulations!

I am in a very similar situation, due to apply next month!

Can I ask whether you submitted your P60 and did you apply for CRB check before your application?

Thanks!

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:34 pm

PRapplicant wrote:Hi first of all, congratulations!

I am in a very similar situation, due to apply next month!

Can I ask whether you submitted your P60 and did you apply for CRB check before your application?

Thanks!
thanks...

I had taken 5 x P60s but the CW didnt ask for it and hence didnt give.
No I didnt do a CRB check. But I had no speeding tickets or anything issued in my name.

imranb

Re: ILR success at Solihull PEO (from Tier 1 G)

Post by imranb » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 pm

abhijack wrote:Hi friends.. Thanks for all the support from this forum. I got my ILR yesterday from Solihull PEO. My eligiblity was based on 2 years HSMP (post nov 2006) and 3 years Tier 1 Gen. I was applying for myself plus 1 dependant.

My appointment time was 9.30 am and arrived there at 9 am. There are a couple of parking garages within less than 5 mins walking distance. The nearest one is Dominion Court car park (2 mins walk) and then the John Lewis multistorey carpark (3 mins walk).

Was admitted into the office at 9 am . A guy at reception flipped through the application form and took my name. Went through the security check okay. Waited for a while and recieved a token. I got to say the waiting area is pretty decent and felt reception staff were reasonably pleasant. Was called at 9.45.

Congratulations. Your update makes me feel good about my appointment at Solihull this Friday. Hope it goes well for me as well.

Congrats. Your update makes me feel good about my appointment at Solihull this Friday. Hope it goes as smoothly for me as well.

The officer was quite nice. Asked for application form and passports. Then asked for LIUK certificate. Then the 12 payslips and corresponding bank statements. Then asked for cohab docs. I gave few utility bills in joint names and bank statement of wife in her name. From that he took the most recent bank statement and 2 utility bills and gave the rest back.

No further docs asked including P60. I offered photocopies but he declined then politely. He went inside for 2 or 3 mins and came back to tell everything looks fine and ILR will be granted for both of us. Asked me to make payment and come back in 2 hours to collect passport and the few original docs he took.

Left the office at 10 am and wandered aroung Touchwood shopping centre which is quite nice and time just flew. Collected the passports with ILR stamped from the reception after 2 hours as advised.

And then we had an excellent buffet from Jimmys Spices which is just opposite the Office. I had it from Bham from never from Solihull..Highly recommended!!!! [Disclaimer: I dont have any connection with Jimmys Spices management :) ]

Feel free to ask for any clarifications if that helps your application process and will be happy to reply.

PS: special thanks to people who replied to my doubts..2 people coming to mind are zahid ali and valencia... many thanks...
:)
Congratulations.