ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor British Passport App Urgent question please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kimesssh
Newly Registered

Minor British Passport App Urgent question please help

Post by kimesssh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:08 pm

After applying since 11/11/11 - we have just received a letter form Passport office Durham asking for my daughters's fathers British passport and birth certificate what could be the reason for this???? Do they normally ask for this especially when they have the fathers passport number??? HELP someone please

boloney

Re: Monor British Passport App Urgent question please help

Post by boloney » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:25 pm

kimesssh wrote:After applying since 11/11/11 - we have just received a letter form Passport office Durham asking for my daughters's fathers British passport and birth certificate what could be the reason for this???? Do they normally ask for this especially when they have the fathers passport number??? HELP someone please
Maybe security checks. Just send it to them and you will get her passport done faster.

kimesssh
Newly Registered

Post by kimesssh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:27 pm

i really hope so we were rather baffled by the delay - do you think there is something wrong ......surely they have his passport number ?

boloney

Post by boloney » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 pm

kimesssh wrote:i really hope so we were rather baffled by the delay - do you think there is something wrong ......surely they have his passport number ?
Did you try ring help line and ask what they after?

kimesssh
Newly Registered

Post by kimesssh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:02 pm

i did ring them - they wrote him saying he needs to send his passport and birth certificate

boloney

Post by boloney » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:46 am

kimesssh wrote:i did ring them - they wrote him saying he needs to send his passport and birth certificate
Just do it, otherwise they don't issue the passport.
I had trouble with my countersignee, he did provide his passport No. On the form, they sended him a letter asking for some details, and again another letter saying he did't fill up propely first one.
So I was waiting about 4-6 weeks for my boy passport.