ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NO WAY!!!! WP 5 Years less 5 days?????? Help please.........

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jeffreychen83

NO WAY!!!! WP 5 Years less 5 days?????? Help please.........

Post by jeffreychen83 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 am

I was shocked.........really really shocked........

I got my WP granted in July 2008 for 5 years (Permanent job, but 5 years period is the maximum for WP). I then applied for my WP visa and got my visa back in Aug 2008. I didn't really pay attention to the "day" because the numbers are comfusing, I just think it's 5 years visa between Aug 2008 and Aug 2013.

Today, I read my Passport today and found that

VALID UNTIL 08 AUG 13
DATE OF ISSUE 13 AUG 08

So literally it's 5 DAYS LESS than 5 years!!!.........How on earth could that happen? They don't like me? Is it too late to argue? What should I do now?

Re: NO WAY!!!! WP 5 Years less 5 days?????? Help please.....

Post by 2012 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:24 am

jeffreychen83 wrote:I was shocked.........really really shocked........

I got my WP granted in July 2008 for 5 years (Permanent job, but 5 years period is the maximum for WP). I then applied for my WP visa and got my visa back in Aug 2008. I didn't really pay attention to the "day" because the numbers are comfusing, I just think it's 5 years visa between Aug 2008 and Aug 2013.

Today, I read my Passport today and found that

VALID UNTIL 08 AUG 13
DATE OF ISSUE 13 AUG 08

So literally it's 5 DAYS LESS than 5 years!!!.........How on earth could that happen? They don't like me? Is it too late to argue? What should I do now?
1. U can apply 28 days before completing the required period.

jeffreychen83

Post by jeffreychen83 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:37 am

2012 wrote:
Hi mate, thanks for your reply. I know but I am worried about that the visa is literally 5 days less than 5 years, whether case worker will refuse it just because of this reason? I think the visa should have full 5 years period. They also require FULL 5 years (although you can apply it 28 days prior to expiry).

is this situation common or just me?

Post by 2012 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:50 am

jeffreychen83 wrote:
2012 wrote:
Hi mate, thanks for your reply. I know but I am worried about that the visa is literally 5 days less than 5 years, whether case worker will refuse it just because of this reason? I think the visa should have full 5 years period. They also require FULL 5 years (although you can apply it 28 days prior to expiry).

1. If that is the case then it is HO who made the mistake and not you.
2. Have u inquired about it with HO?

jeffreychen83

Post by jeffreychen83 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:12 am

2012 wrote:
jeffreychen83 wrote:
2012 wrote:

1. If that is the case then it is HO who made the mistake and not you.
2. Have u inquired about it with HO?
No, not yet. I just found the issue today.
should I contact them by the following contact detail?

Contact details
The email address below is for applicants who are already in the UK and require general information about the Immigration Rules' requirements. For data protection reasons, we cannot answer questions about individual cases by email.

Phone: 0870 606 7766

Textphone: 0800 389 8289 (the contact centre also accepts calls by text relay and other similar services)

Email: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY

Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 16:45, Friday 09:00 to 16:30 (excluding public holidays).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... ctcentres/

Cheers,

jeffreychen83

Post by jeffreychen83 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:23 pm

any idea anyone please? my wife is very panic about that. Is the above contact detail useful? do you have any specific contact details. I really don't like HO's official reply, full of non-sense, not helpful at all.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Probably a typing error. Shouldn't affect your ILR application, as you may apply up to 28 days prior to completion of your qualifying period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jeffreychen83

Post by jeffreychen83 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:30 pm

vinny wrote:Probably a typing error. Shouldn't affect your ILR application, as you may apply up to 28 days prior to completion of your qualifying period.
I hope so, but I still want to clarify it with Home Office cos what I am thinking is only FULL 5 years will be eligible for ILR, my visa doesn't show FULL 5 years, so my future ILR's case worker might refuse my application straightaway due to this reason. Although i can apply 28 days in advance, but the fact is it is a not FULL 5 years visa. :(