ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

retain of my status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

monark33
Newly Registered

retain of my status

Post by monark33 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Hello everyone,
I am seeking for advice regarding retaining my status. I am NON EU person married to an EU person for more than 4 years. I have been given EEA-Family member status by UKBA and it’s due to expire next year. Unfortunately me and my wife decided to move on with their life in different direction, she wants to move back to her country which is not possible for me as I have mortgage and other difficulties. After lots of argument we came to a decision to get divorce. By the time I got my family member status she has been working full time but last three she started going to university full time and start doing part time job. In my misery my wife is not willing to help me at all under any circumstances. How can I retain my status? Can you guys please show me a way! I am really looking forward for your reply.
Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:54 pm

How long have you been in the UK for?

Have you got evidence of her current activities?

Do you intend on proceeding with divorce?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

monark33
Newly Registered

Post by monark33 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:12 pm

dear obie,

I have been in uk altogther 8 years. My wife wants a divorce so do I, as she wants to go back after may as she will finish her university. I dont have anything right at these moment about her university but i might get it ,, i am the full time earner of my family. she does only part time job. what should i do? can u please help me...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:31 am

When exactly did you and your wife got married and started living together as man and wife in the UK.

Do you have evidence covering all this period?

monark33
Newly Registered

Post by monark33 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:22 am

dear obie,

I have got married on 2007 june and we started staying together from 2006 april then ,, for my job i had to stay one year in different part of uk but we stayed at here and last 2 years again we have been staying tgether,, i am a full time employed and but my wife works part time as well do full time university.i have got our marrige certificate.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:15 am

Divorce is quite a massive step, but if you believe the marriage has broken down irretriveably, then you can proceed with it.

Would you wife be prepared to support an application for PR come this Summer?

Would she be able to supply you with evidence of her activities since 2006/7? For example P60. For the period you claim she was self sufficient, do you have a comprehensive sickness insurance?

monark33
Newly Registered

Post by monark33 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:57 am

Obie wrote:Divorce is quite a massive step, but if you believe the marriage has broken down irretriveably, then you can proceed with it.

Would you wife be prepared to support an application for PR come this Summer?

Would she be able to supply you with evidence of her activities since 2006/7? For example P60. For the period you claim she was self sufficient, do you have a comprehensive sickness insurance?
dear Obie,

she is not willing to help me in any way. i can only request for her part time job payslips and the period of time she was in university and she dont have any sickness insurance. she is the person who is initiative about divorcing me.
can u please tell me what should i do in this position?
also is it possible for me to travel europe without her,, as my best mate getting married next month in spain, i am so confused i don't know how to approach to my recent situation..
please help

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:13 am

You can travel to Spain for the wedding and return back to the UK, as you are still married and she is exercising treaty rights.

Make sure you obtain a visa if you are a visa national.

Occassionally, they may need to call her to confirm she is exercising treaty rights.

You can also hold evidence of her course and employment with you.

I think in you current situation, initiating a divorce may be the next step.

You may be able to retain your residency status and apply for PR after divorce.