ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spain work visa and criminal record

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fembiz
BANNED

Spain work visa and criminal record

Post by fembiz » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi guys,

I currently live in the UK and I have been working for a UK company for the past 14 months. The company has an office in Spain and they would like for me to go and work in our Spain office for a period of 6 months. I was reading on the Spanish consulate website that one of the documents I have to provide is a police criminal record certificate, an original and a photocopy, which -- as the Ministry's website suggests -- must "state that the applicant does not have a criminal record." In 2008, I was cautioned by the police for sending a malicious email to 2 people I was having a dispute with. Does this mean I am not eligible to receive the Spanish work visa? I have never ever had any other run-ins with the law besides this incident. It was just bad judgement on my part. It would be great if someone could let me know if I would get refused the visa so that I don't waste mine and my company's time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

levi13
Newly Registered

Re: Spain work visa and criminal record

Post by levi13 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:33 pm

fembiz wrote:Hi guys,

I currently live in the UK and I have been working for a UK company for the past 14 months. The company has an office in Spain and they would like for me to go and work in our Spain office for a period of 6 months. I was reading on the Spanish consulate website that one of the documents I have to provide is a police criminal record certificate, an original and a photocopy, which -- as the Ministry's website suggests -- must "state that the applicant does not have a criminal record." In 2008, I was cautioned by the police for sending a malicious email to 2 people I was having a dispute with. Does this mean I am not eligible to receive the Spanish work visa? I have never ever had any other run-ins with the law besides this incident. It was just bad judgement on my part. It would be great if someone could let me know if I would get refused the visa so that I don't waste mine and my company's time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hello
What nationality are you ?
I have lived and worked in Spain for the last 6 years,i am a British National and i have never had any problems at all,i also have a criminal record which just for the record is alot worse than yours...i wouldnt worry to much.What do you mean when you say a Work Visa? if you are an EU national you do not need a work visa.

fembiz
BANNED

Post by fembiz » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi Levi13,

Thanks for your reply. I am not an EU citizen. I am a Nigerian citizen and therefore I need to apply for a work visa to go and work in Spain. I just want to know if my caution here in the UK could result in them denying me the visa.

Any help or advice is much appreciated