ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date on Payslip

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

destiniation_london

Date on Payslip

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:18 am

Do the dates on payslips and date salary actually paid needs to match exactly.

I normally pay myself at the end of each month (usually 30/31 of the month), whereas the payslips generated by accountant always show 5 of the month.

So for example - for month of august -

Date on Payslip - 5th September
Date of Salary - 31st August

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I am in a similar situation. My employer pays me on the last working day of every month but the pay slip always show the last day of month.

Most of the times it matches but in some months it doesn’t. For example in July 2011 I was paid on 29th (as 30th and 31st were falling on weekend) but the pay slip still showed 31st Jul as the date on it.

I think we will be fine as I was with the same employer when I applied for Tier-1 extension and PEO didn’t have any issues (I think it’s common sense and the CW should be able to know about it).

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:38 pm

The date you are paid normally does not matter.

The only thing that matters is the tax period your payslip covers. April is normally Tax Period 1, so on and so forth......and March being Period 12.

So say for example pay date is the 25th of April, your payslip normall should sat Tax Period 1.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:47 pm

vinaya wrote:The date you are paid normally does not matter.

The only thing that matters is the tax period your payslip covers. April is normally Tax Period 1, so on and so forth......and March being Period 12.

So say for example pay date is the 25th of April, your payslip normall should sat Tax Period 1.
so in my scenarion, I paid myself april salary on 20th May due to funds issue but payslip was generated on 5th April and it states tax period as 'M1', do you think this should be ok. However I've this all thing backup by accountant letter.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:31 am

Your payslip dated the 5th of april, by the sound of it should be the first payslip for the tax year beginning in April.

What are the cumulative values ( year to date Gross sal, Paye and NI) in your payslip,if the these values are the same as the value of salary you were paid on the payslip, then M1 denotes the first period of the tax year.

but this payment was made only on the 20th of May and you should point to the caseworker when asked. All the CW's are worried about is to see if the net value of the payslip matches to payment on your bank statement.

The payslip prior to this one should have said M12.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 am

All figures matches and net salary on Payslips matches exactly to money paid in bank account.