ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success-Solihull-10th Jan, dependant stay outside UK ~4.5mth

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kunalmehta
Newly Registered

Success-Solihull-10th Jan, dependant stay outside UK ~4.5mth

Post by kunalmehta » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:23 am

Folks,

Long live this site creator ,moderators and every thread associated to it.

Experience was Terrific overall!!
My case: Single Employer throughout. WP+WP Extension+ Tier 1 (G)
1 dep. & current visa expiring in April 2012. Absences within limit.

Complication 1: Lost pay slip due to Address Change
I lost one of the last 12 month payslip due to address change last year but I got reference letter issued from HR regarding same.

Complication 2: 2 year stay clause for Dependant
My spouse was in UK for 2 year and 2.5 months on the date of application but absolute duration spent in UK was around 1 year 9 months. in fact one single gap was more than 4.5 months in one strech

wish it will be helpfull for some applicants!!

I had my explanation ready that time spent outside UK but with the main applicant can be included in 2 year.

Interview experience: checked in early, around 9:00 AM ,
provided with Ticket by 9:30.
Interview started at 0940 hrs
Interview finished by 0950 hrs

Case worker Exp. :Most humble and polite crew, one could have met.
I was asked for my 12 month payslip+ 12 bank statement+ LIUK(2)+ Co hab( I provided NHS card, Driving license , one utility bill)
Intention was to provide at least 1 doc from 2010 and 1 from 2011

I had following docs handy , but all were not enquired upon.

1) Driving License, NHS Medical Cards
2) Utility Bills( EDF/Veolia) Copies of E.ON
3) Tenancy Agreement Letters (2010-2011) addressed to me and my spouse. Post Office Travel Insurance
4) Letters from Council, Local GP and Hospital
5) My spouse employment Records (Payslip, Bank statement, Employment reference Letter)

Excelent staff !! n not coz I have the stamping done. I found staff polite and courteous enough to keep every applicant updated after SLA.

Once docs were accepted, I was told to make payment and also that "ILR is going to be granted today". I understand they validate and verify our doc also CRB check for all applicants post payment.

for some reason, I was handed over passport with some extra delay( around 3.5 hr total). During the streched hrs, I enjoyed the thrill though.

I strongly recommend to reach PEO ASAP because if you are done during daytime, one can surely sit at "Jimmys Spices" for the refreshment. £6.99 lunch buffet thats a steal!! Not sure about weekend rate, heard PEO is open though. I remember dinner buffet was £9.99.

Once again big thanks to the community for putting tremendous effort and collecting invaluable information at one place. Hats off to you guys!!

c ya around and Good Luck all!!
Last edited by kunalmehta on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:49 am

Congrats! and thanks for updating back to the site. This indeed helps.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 am

Congrat, Best Wishes!

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:38 pm

congrats mate...
i felt the same about the staff...very pleasant...
yeah i agree jimmys spice buffet is an amazin bargain!!!

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Congs!!!!!!!!
God has made everything beautiful in its time

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:07 pm

congrats kunal ...

kunalmehta
Newly Registered

Post by kunalmehta » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Thankz @sunil,chris,abhi,vinaya

the other thing like to mention is keep thee 3 doc handy before sitting in front of caseworker.

1) Bank tatement-12
2) Pay slip-12
3) LIUK
4)Passport

in case of applying with spouse,decide beforehand which 2 year suits you best.NHs medical cards and driving license are easy to get and fits in for the whole year

umeruzair

Re: ILR-Success-Solihull-10th Jan 2012

Post by umeruzair » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 pm

[quote="kunalmehta"]Folks,

Long live this site creator ,moderators and every thread associated to it.

Experience was Terrific overall!!
My case: Single Employer throughout. WP+WP Extension+ Tier 1 (G)
1 dep. & current visa expiring in April 2012. Absences within limit.

Complication 1: Lost pay slip due to Address Change
I lost one of the last 12 month payslip due to address change last year but I got reference letter issued from HR regarding same.

Complication 2: 2 year stay clause for Dependant
My spouse was in UK for 2 year and 2.5 months on the date of application but absolute duration spent in UK was around 1 year 9 months. in fact one single gap was more than 4.5 months in one strech

wish it will be helpfull for some applicants!!

I had my explanation ready that time spent outside UK but with the main applicant can be included in 2 year.

Interview experience: checked in early, around 9:00 AM ,
provided with Ticket by 9:30.
Interview started at 0940 hrs
Interview finished by 0950 hrs

Case worker Exp. :Most humble and polite crew, one could have met.
I was asked for my 12 month payslip+ 12 bank statement+ LIUK(2)+ Co hab( I provided NHS card, Driving license , one utility bill)
Intention was to provide at least 1 doc from 2010 and 1 from 2011

I had following docs handy , but all were not enquired upon.

1) Driving License, NHS Medical Cards
2) Utility Bills( EDF/Veolia) Copies of E.ON
3) Tenancy Agreement Letters (2010-2011) addressed to me and my spouse. Post Office Travel Insurance
4) Letters from Council, Local GP and Hospital
5) My spouse employment Records (Payslip, Bank statement, Employment reference Letter)

Excelent staff !! n not coz I have the stamping done. I found staff polite and courteous enough to keep every applicant updated after SLA.

Once docs were accepted, I was told to make payment and also that "ILR is going to be granted today". I understand they validate and verify our doc also CRB check for all applicants post payment.

for some reason, I was handed over passport with some extra delay( around 3.5 hr total). During the streched hrs, I enjoyed the thrill though.

I strongly recommend to reach PEO ASAP because if you are done during daytime, one can surely sit at "Jimmys Spices" for the refreshment. £6.99 lunch buffet thats a steal!! Not sure about weekend rate, heard PEO is open though. I remember dinner buffet was £9.99.

Once again big thanks to the community for putting tremendous effort and collecting invaluable information at one place. Hats off to you guys!!

c ya around and Good Luck all!![/quote]

Congrats mate!

I have few question for you and wondering if you please answer them as mine is due soon.

1. As you stated your current visa is available till April 2012 so how did you apply for it now? I mean is it not 28 days before your current leaves expires.
2. Could you please let me know about Cohab? What is it? Is that something really required? What documents required? As my wife does not work then the only thing I have is the joint bank account and a utility bill. Would that be okay.

Thanks and I would be grateful if you please answer the above.

Congrats again.

kunalmehta
Newly Registered

Post by kunalmehta » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:11 pm

1. As you stated your current visa is available till April 2012 so how did you apply for it now? I mean is it not 28 days before your current leaves expires.

One can apply no earlier than 28 days before the 5th anniversary of (WP, HSMP(non JR),Tier1G) stay. In all cases, one must apply for ILR or for another visa before expiry of current visa.
I entered UK on 21st Jan 2007, so for me I could apply anytime after december 2011( considering year end long holiday).

2. Could you please let me know about Cohab? What is it? Is that something really required? What documents required? As my wife does not work then the only thing I have is the joint bank account and a utility bill. Would that be okay.

whilst filling form, you ll encounter a check box asking you to confirm that you have provided documentary evidence corresponding to COHAB.
cohab relates to your stay with your partner for at least 2 year in UK.

request for NHS medical cards from your local GP.
Driving license(provisional) is easy to obtain.

Elsewise consider taking all GP and hospital appointment letters along with your statements & Utility bill.
Also you can request COUNCIL to have bill in spouse name as well
Have at least 3 evidence all together.