ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When Apply for PR.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gibson
Newly Registered

When Apply for PR.

Post by Gibson » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:24 am

Dear Friends,
I am a Non EEA married to an EEA National.
I have a RC and will apply for PR in 2014.
we have two children both under three years old, my wife is taking care of the children and she is not working while i am full time employee.
any ideas whether the HO ll still ask for my wife`s employment when i apply for PR.
Thank you all.

boloney

Re: When Apply for PR.

Post by boloney » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:43 am

Gibson wrote:Dear Friends,
I am a Non EEA married to an EEA National.
I have a RC and will apply for PR in 2014.
we have two children both under three years old, my wife is taking care of the children and she is not working while i am full time employee.
any ideas whether the HO ll still ask for my wife`s employment when i apply for PR.
Thank you all.
Of course they will.Is she looking for work? If not you Have
to buy csi for you, wife and kids and claim your wife is self sufficent.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:47 am

Based upon what you have posted your wife is exercising Treaty Rights in the UK as a self-sufficient person. She is self-sufficient because you are presumably providing funds to her.

But exercising Treaty Rights as a self-sufficient person also requires that person to have CSI ..... comprehensive sickness insurance. Does your wife have that?
John

Gibson
Newly Registered

Post by Gibson » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:40 pm

No she is not registered for CSI, in fact she is on NHS maternity exemption on most of the time as we have two children and they both born in the UK.
I ll appreciate if i can have more information about CSI and how it works?how much it cost? and as a EEA national is`t she entitled to maternity exemption from NHS.
We have a joint Account and my salary goes to that account.as self-sufficient person she can provide statement on her name with sufficient amount coming in to the account each month.my question, will that be enough for HO or a covering letter will be needed for more explanation?
thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Towards the top of this screen is a link to this board's Search facility. Please use it and search for CSI. You will find you will get lots if hits if you do such a search.

Until your wife has CSI she is not exercising Treaty Rights as a Self-Sufficient person, and accordingly you have no ability to exercise Treaty Rights.
John

boloney

Post by boloney » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Gibson wrote:No she is not registered for CSI, in fact she is on NHS maternity exemption on most of the time as we have two children and they both born in the UK.
I ll appreciate if i can have more information about CSI and how it works?how much it cost? and as a EEA national is`t she entitled to maternity exemption from NHS.
We have a joint Account and my salary goes to that account.as self-sufficient person she can provide statement on her name with sufficient amount coming in to the account each month.my question, will that be enough for HO or a covering letter will be needed for more explanation?
thanks.
You don't Have to register for csi, you Have to buy if of insurance Company.

Gibson
Newly Registered

Post by Gibson » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:46 pm

We did not know about CSI, and we did not apply to be exempted from NHS.
the thing is, we did not know we are not suppose to be with NHS at the first place.
First they give you without you asking for it, then all of the sudden bang...why did you take it???.
My next question is,if i buy CSI now, would i be able to file my application for PR when my RC expires in 2014, would this exemption NHS thing will effect my application.
thank you guys, i appreciate it.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Gibson

The clock for EU/EEA member stops when he/she stops exercising treaties and starts again when he/she start exercising treaty. your pr application will depend totally on your eu partner.

lets say your wife and you married on jan 2007 and she was exercising treaty from that day then you can apply for pr in jan 2011 but if she stopped working for some time lets say in jan 2008 then she starts exercising treaty in jan 2009 then you will need to apply for pr on jan 2013.

ta

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:34 am

does she has EHIC card from her country covering allt he period when she wasn ot exercising treaty? if yes than you wont have problem for that period for your pr application

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Two small (but important) corrections:
Punjab wrote:The clock for EU/EEA member stops when he/she stops exercising treaties and starts again when he/she start exercising treaty. your pr application will depend totally on your eu partner.

lets say your wife and you married on jan 2007 and she was exercising treaty from that day then you can apply for pr in jan 2011 but if she stopped working for some time lets say in jan 2008 then she starts exercising treaty in jan 2009 then you will need to apply for pr on jan 2013.
The clock doesn't stop and then start. It resets! You need to exercise treaty rights for a continuous period of 5 years.

Punjab wrote:does she has EHIC card from her country covering allt he period when she wasn ot exercising treaty? if yes than you wont have problem for that period for your pr application
CSI needs to cover all family member (EEA and non-EEA) so a EHIC card to cover just her is not enough.

Gibson
Newly Registered

Post by Gibson » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:03 pm

she use to work and she still have the letter from her employer, but during recession in 2009 the factory got closed and since she is unemployed but between then and now we got two children and she has been taking care of the children, but i think taking care of children is never been consider a job by the HO.
what if she get a job now and prove to HO office the last two years, have been taking care of children. is there any possibility if we go down this route?.
thank you.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 am

if you can produce any emails or letters indicating that she was searching for a job then it will eb a great help towards your application

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks Jambo for the amendments.

Gibson
Newly Registered

Post by Gibson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:01 pm

thank you Punjab, Jombo.Bolony and John for your help and tips.
thanks a lot.