ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born to British Mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GregH
Newly Registered

Born to British Mother

Post by GregH » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:18 am

I believe that I am eligible for registration as a British citizen under the new legislation regarding people born to a British mother before 1983.

I was born in (then) Rhodesia in 1971. My mother was born British, but was a Rhodesian citizen at the time of my birth. Her parents were British citizens (by birth) at that time.

Because my mother was not a British citizen at the time of my birth, I must apply through my Grandparents.

According to Guide UKM, I will need my Grandparent's Marriage and birth certificates, which I can obtain, but also a certificate of naturalisation or registration, which they have no knowledge of. They also do not have an expired passport from that time.

Are the birth and marriage certificates enough in this case? If not, then what documentation can I provide? Can the required documentaion be obtained from public records?

Any advice on this matter would be hugely appreciated.

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:29 am

Are you applying for citizenship or for ancestry visa?
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

GregH
Newly Registered

Born to a British Mother

Post by GregH » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:23 pm

For citizenship.