ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One last urgent question about visitor's marriage visa.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

isujackson
Newly Registered

One last urgent question about visitor's marriage visa.

Post by isujackson » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:51 am

I'm sending off my Visa for a marriage visit very soon.

I have:

My bank documents for proof of funds.

My fiance's bank documents for her proof of funds.

A letter from my fiance stating she made an appointment for us to register our marriage.

A letter from my University Advisor stating I need to return to the United States around April 18th to do practicum hours so I can finish the semester and continue my course. The letter has her contact details so they can call her if they want.

My question is this, in the documents for applying for your Visa they say that they would like proof of a ticket out of the country, yet I have not found a travel agent that will do this with out me paying the full fare.

Should I go ahead and book tickets with no idea when the Visa will be given to me or even if I will be approved to come?

I'm seriously stressing out about this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 am

Applying for a UK visa in the USA wrote:We strongly advise you not to confirm your travel arrangements until you have received your visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.