ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IMPLEMENTATION UNIT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coco__nutty

IMPLEMENTATION UNIT

Post by coco__nutty » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:49 am

Hello!

Hope you can help...

While browsing through the forum over the last few weeks, I stumbled accross a post, I can no longer find!

Basically, I applied for my PSW visa end of October 2010, got rejected early January, applied for appeal. Oral scheduled for early March. Appeal granted mid-March. It has now been 3 weeks and Appel Tribunal confirmed HO haven't objected to this so now I am waiting for a letter from Home Office, requested my passport.

I remember somebody mentioning the Visa Implementation Unit?

What exactly do they do, am I correct in understanding that they basically enforce the decision of the Appeal Tribunal and speed up the process of your visa getting stamped?

Would REALLY appreciate ANY guidance and contact details for any of them or, if anyone knows, the appropriate one?... I live in Scotland, my Appeal was held in Glasgow.

Thanks in advance!

coco__nutty

Any suggestions please?

Post by coco__nutty » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Found this in an earlier post:

'Home Office Presenting Officers Unit.

BIRMINGHAM HOPO

Home Office Presenting Officer Unit

1st Floor

2308 Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3JZ

Tel: Fax: 021 700 1696

LEEDS HOPO

2nd Floor

Springfield Avenue

76 Wellington Road

Leeds

LS1 2AX

Tel: Fax: 0113 245 3472

ANGLE SQUARE HOPO

3rd Floor

Building 1

1 Torrens Street

London

EC1V 1SX

Tel: 0207 239 1701 Fax: 0207 2391 1701

GLASGOW HOPO

10th Floor

Eagle Buildings

215 Bothwell Street

Glasgow

G2 7FZ

Tel: Fax:

HANOVER HOSUE HOPO

Hanover House

Plaintree Crescent

Feltham

Middlesex

TW14 7JJ

Tel: Fax: 0208 890 6489

HARMONDSWORTH HOPO

Harmondsworth Hearing Centre

Colnbrook By Pass

Harmondsworth

Middlesex

UB7 0HB

Tel: 0208 750 4522 Fax: 0208 750 4535'

So as I am in Scotland, am I correct to presume that my Unit would be the one in Glasgow or does location not matter?!

Please?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:31 pm

this is not the implementation unit. in fact there is no such thing anymore. these numbers are for the presenting officers unit who present the appeals.

you need to write to the team who original refused your decision with a copy of the determination and ask them to implement the appeal.

pchowla
Newly Registered

Fax number for Angel Square

Post by pchowla » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks @coco_nutty, this is very helpful.

Annoying that there is no longer a central appeals implementation unit in Leeds - the Home Office decided to close it apparently. So now I can't write directly to them with the passports to get the visas issued. Some posts from last year on this board advised that sending directly to the AIU is an effective shortcut.

I called the Angel Square POU today and discussed with the allowed appeals team. They looked up my records and had it clearly listed that my appeal was allowed, the date of the decision by the tribunal, and that the home office did not decide to appeal to the second-tier tribunal. BUT the man said he couldn't help me because the file was with a "senior officer" and that the allowed appeals team can't take any action until this unnamed senior officer approves the next step.

FYI for others: The allowed appeals team at Angel Square can be reached directly on 0207 084 1972.

So I am stuck. The man gave me a direct number for the "senior officer" of 0207 239 1760. But it is always engaged when I call.

Does anyone have a relevant fax number? The one that @coco-nutty listed below for Angel Square is incorrect!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:44 pm

It is usually the original casework unit who implement the appeals and on the presenting officers unit. What type of application did you make and what is the address on your refusal letter?

pchowla
Newly Registered

Post by pchowla » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks @Greenie. I made a Tier 2 (General) application under transitional arrangements from a Work Permit. I did finally get through the "team coordinator" who advised me I should send my passports back to Sheffield (the original address for the application).

In case anyone else finds themselves in this situation I am sending it to:

HST 9
Vulcan House (Steel)
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

I hope it doesn't take too long as I need to have the documents back in time for a PEO appointment on 20 September!

olu13
Newly Registered

Re: Fax number for Angel Square

Post by olu13 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Dear pchowla,

referencence to ur mail please i am in the same dilema did you later get through to the senior officer on 02072391760 and what is there jobs.
please help.

olu

pchowla
Newly Registered

Post by pchowla » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:51 pm

olu13 wrote:
referencence to ur mail please i am in the same dilema did you later get through to the senior officer on 02072391760 and what is there jobs.
please help.

olu
As I wrote subsequently, yes I got through and he merely advised to send the passports in to the original application address. I think it is important to call. I got the sense that his office also had to send some paperwork.

Good luck!

olu13
Newly Registered

Post by olu13 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:05 am

[quote="pchowla"][quote="olu13"]

please help.

olu[/quote]

As I wrote subsequently, yes I got through and he merely advised to send the passports in to the original application address. I think it is important to call. I got the sense that his office also had to send some paperwork.

Good luck![/quote]Thanks pchowla I also got through to the officer, but he was surprise how I got is number, he wanted to know the exact where I get it from, but eventually he told me he will work on my file, and he did it was send the following week to shefield, please how long does it take you to get your visa and passport back, please advice. Thanks

pchowla
Newly Registered

Post by pchowla » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:53 am

[/quote]please how long does it take you to get your visa and passport back, please advice. Thanks[/quote]

As I remember it took about 4 weeks.

olu13
Newly Registered

Post by olu13 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:14 pm

[quote="pchowla"][/quote]please how long does it take you to get your visa and passport back, please advice. Thanks[/quote]

As I remember it took about 4 weeks.[/quote]

Thanks ive got some wait to do then thanks again.

But I will appreciate any further advice or follow up u did before u get back ur passport.

Thanks.

olu13
Newly Registered

Post by olu13 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:48 am

[quote="olu13"][quote="pchowla"][/quote]please how long does it take you to get your visa and passport back, please advice. Thanks[/quote]

As I remember it took about 4 weeks.[/quote]

Thanks ive got some wait to do then thanks again.

But I will appreciate any further advice or follow up u did before u get back ur passport.

Thanks.[/quote]

Just to let u know that I got my passport stamped and return back to me 2 weeks after I called that senior officer and he said he will work on my file.
Thank you for ur assistant and thank to everybody who have contributed on this forum.

Ola.