ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Requirement - Economic Activity or Previous Earnings?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

ILR Requirement - Economic Activity or Previous Earnings?

Post by hsmpengineer » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi peeps, only good and knowledgeable advice required!

I am applying for ILR early march 2012. I have P60's for the followings years; 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11. For 11/12 i wont get a p60 until April so i intend to provide bank statements and payslips.

Now to the big issue. My 07/08 P60 has a total income of only £7,533!! obviously not my only source of income as i had dividened paid to me as well. That year i worked 2 months as employee and 10 months as self employed and for some reason the earnings i made as dividened was not represented on my p60!

QUESTION: Do the ILR requirements imply the need to earn a certain amount every year while on HSPM/TIER 1 (G) or just to prove economic activity? I am aware of the need to prove specific earnings in the 12months leading up to the application date.

thanks smart people! now fire away ta!

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:31 pm

If you had paid dividend to yourself then it means you must have paid tax on it at the end of financial year. You can get your tax history from HMRC and use that instead of P60.

That's what I intend to use, I've lost P60 and my current company don't give out P60, just on-line viewing. HMRC tax history is the way to go.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Nice idea. But are hsmp/tier 1 holders expected to prove they have maintained consistent earnings over the whole 5 year period?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:58 pm

hsmpengineer wrote:Nice idea. But are hsmp/tier 1 holders expected to prove they have maintained consistent earnings over the whole 5 year period?
not really. you just need to meet salary requirements when you apply for last 12 months.

physku
Newly Registered

ILR economic activity for Tier 1

Post by physku » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:05 am

I got my ILR this week based on Tier 1(G). I initially came on WP.

You only have to show earnings for 12 consecutive out of last 15 months. The earnings should be shown in two forms (any of payslips, bank statements, accountant certification etc.). And you have to show that you have maintained yourself last three months without recourse to public funds. That is it and you will get your ILR !!! if you have lived lawfully in UK for last 5 years as a skilled migrant (WP, HSMP, Tier 2, Tier 1)

My funding for an R&D position ended in August 2011 and I established a new start-up business in Sep 2011. I have no income from this start-up because it is a "start-up" !!!. My projects have only started to develop this month into potential income generation (but no income as yet). So I showed earnings (payslips and bank statements) from Oct 2010 - August 2011 (in fact 1.5 months less than 12).

They were not interested in P60s, P45, my current Business plan, My current associateships with other consultancies, references.

With Tier 1, it is normal to expect economic gaps (!!). You only have to show that you get enough points from 12 out of last 15 months. Nothing else !!!. In fact it is unfair to expect that there will be no redundancies and a period in business / self employement where there is no income. If you had no economic activity for some time and your ILR is far off, then before the points run out, extend your Tier 1 to create a fresh points period of 12 months.

My case worker at UKBA was very nice. She said it was not complex at all. I was unnecessarily nervous before. In fact, I unnecessarily delayed my ILR. It was due in mid Nov 2011. I was for no reason waiting on some references and associateships with consultancies. I still had 90/100 points this month. But had to make a decision before my Tier 1 ran out in Feb.

Dont listen to this 5 year P60 crap, and that you have to show you can earn tomorrow and that you have stable income for tomorrow's living. Isnt that irony because with ILR you are entitled to state support when inactive for no reason of yours. Also dont listen to bullshit from Solicitors. They panick you, and give you wrong advice and charge you more than a 1000 quid. In fact one of them referred me to a CA who said he wanted me to be successful in life and was charging another 1000 quid. How Pathetic.

Remember, you only need 12 month out of last 15 (any two evidence) earnings points and maintenance without public funds last three months.

ilr_hsmp2007

Re: ILR economic activity for Tier 1

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:30 am

physku wrote:I got my ILR this week based on Tier 1(G). I initially came on WP.

You only have to show earnings for 12 consecutive out of last 15 months. The earnings should be shown in two forms (any of payslips, bank statements, accountant certification etc.). And you have to show that you have maintained yourself last three months without recourse to public funds. That is it and you will get your ILR !!! if you have lived lawfully in UK for last 5 years as a skilled migrant (WP, HSMP, Tier 2, Tier 1)

My funding for an R&D position ended in August 2011 and I established a new start-up business in Sep 2011. I have no income from this start-up because it is a "start-up" !!!. My projects have only started to develop this month into potential income generation (but no income as yet). So I showed earnings (payslips and bank statements) from Oct 2010 - August 2011 (in fact 1.5 months less than 12).

They were not interested in P60s, P45, my current Business plan, My current associateships with other consultancies, references.

With Tier 1, it is normal to expect economic gaps (!!). You only have to show that you get enough points from 12 out of last 15 months. Nothing else !!!. In fact it is unfair to expect that there will be no redundancies and a period in business / self employement where there is no income. If you had no economic activity for some time and your ILR is far off, then before the points run out, extend your Tier 1 to create a fresh points period of 12 months.

My case worker at UKBA was very nice. She said it was not complex at all. I was unnecessarily nervous before. In fact, I unnecessarily delayed my ILR. It was due in mid Nov 2011. I was for no reason waiting on some references and associateships with consultancies. I still had 90/100 points this month. But had to make a decision before my Tier 1 ran out in Feb.

Dont listen to this 5 year P60 crap, and that you have to show you can earn tomorrow and that you have stable income for tomorrow's living. Isnt that irony because with ILR you are entitled to state support when inactive for no reason of yours. Also dont listen to bullshit from Solicitors. They panick you, and give you wrong advice and charge you more than a 1000 quid. In fact one of them referred me to a CA who said he wanted me to be successful in life and was charging another 1000 quid. How Pathetic.

Remember, you only need 12 month out of last 15 (any two evidence) earnings points and maintenance without public funds last three months.
Excellent, It's really helpful...

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:50 am

thanks guys...