ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for BC - Holidays question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

luke79

Applying for BC - Holidays question

Post by luke79 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi Folk

My wife is eligible for BC in August, she has her current native passport endorsed with ILR

Now considering she wants to go abroad in mid Nov 2012 to see her family, we are planning om applying for her BC after she returns from her trip abroad which will be in mid Feb 2013. She will be going on holiday for less than 90 days due to the 'out of country' rule which applies to BC applications (so I have heard, correct me if im wrong).

Am I correct that her trips abroad cant exceed 90 days in the last 12 months prior to applying for BC?, she has not had any other holidays since entering the country.

Also can one instance of holiday be 90 days or is there a limit on that too ?

Please advise so we can book appropriate dates for her hol.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by luke79 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:30 pm

It can be 90 days in one go. If the absences are above 90 days in the last year, application is subject to discretion.

luke79

Post by luke79 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 pm

thanks again Jambo

I guess we wont risk it and make it a 89 days holiday :)