ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- now calculating 5 years from visa start date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varghesejim
India

ILR- now calculating 5 years from visa start date

Post by varghesejim » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Just noticed the policy document changed so that if your travel date is within 3 months of the visa start date you need not extend the visa twice before ILR.You can calculate 5 years from Visa start date.

It was a bit cloudy before, but now the policy document explicity cover "delayed travel".

See policy document

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

varghesejim
India

Re: ILR- now calculating 5 years from visa start date

Post by varghesejim » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 pm

varghesejim wrote:Just noticed the policy document changed so that if your travel date is within 3 months of the visa start date you need not extend the visa twice before ILR.You can calculate 5 years from Visa start date.

It was a bit cloudy before, but now the policy document explicity cover "delayed travel".

See policy document

I see that this is not new to some board users. I was not looking into the board for a month. Go easy on me.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 pm

can you apply 28 days before 5 years of your visa anniversary ?

jeffreychen83

Post by jeffreychen83 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:42 pm

varghesejim wrote:Just noticed the policy document changed so that if your travel date is within 3 months of the visa start date you need not extend the visa twice before ILR.You can calculate 5 years from Visa start date.

See policy document

Hi there, I have no clue what you are trying to say here. Could you please clarify it a little bit? It seems to be very important, as I recently found an issue, my residence permit was issued 13/08/08, but it's valid until 08/08/13, so less than 5 years (literally 5 days short). I know we can apply ILR 28days prior to visa expiry, but if the period is less than full 5 years, I am probably not eligible to apply for ILR? what do you think mate? I have no idea why there is 5 days short in my visa. By the way my Work Permit was granted for 5 years (permanent job).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=93341

Cheers,

jeffreychen83

Post by jeffreychen83 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:23 pm

I think I get you now. I just read another thread with a concern about the gap between entry clearance date and the actual date of entry.

But if you could still answer my question, it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 am

This policy has been there fot quite some times. Please read carefully, it says case worker MAY consider. So it is discretion. It has been there from day one. Let members know when they remove word MAY

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:14 am

linkers wrote:can you apply 28 days before 5 years of your visa anniversary ?
Yes. Check this forum for successful personal experiences

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 am

jeffreychen83 wrote:I think I get you now. I just read another thread with a concern about the gap between entry clearance date and the actual date of entry.

But if you could still answer my question, it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
I think this is not much of an issue. You can anyway apply 28 days before 5 years. You might want to send a mail to HO and attach the response with the ILR application.