ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Advice on expenses

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chebas

Naturalisation Advice on expenses

Post by chebas » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi....

Me and my wife have just celebrated our 5 year anniversary of being in Ireland and thus would like to apply for citizenship. I currently have a stamp 4 (post green card) and my wife has a stamp 4 (because of irish baby)

My first question is how much does a lawyer charge for "certifying" the copies of the documentation that is necessary for the application

Second question is, as we will be spending 350 euro in order to send the application I want to make sure we get it right, do you recommend in availing of the services of an immigration lawyer or is it safe enough to apply ourselves without screwing it up?

Third question, the further 2000€ I assume is payable when and if the application is approved, correct?

As always thank you very much!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:55 pm

you can certifying the original copy from any solictors they can do for you per page 10-30 euro.but some solictors are very expensive i called few solicitors before i was quite shock minimum you have to pay solicitor 300 euro till 1200 euro to get their service .i think its much better if you can apply yourself.there is list of document you may required.passport colour copy front page,marriage cert colour copy,birth cert colour copy all certified from solictor.p 60 last 5 years,gnib card copy,job letter,payslips last 3 months,bank statement 3 months,application form,residence calculatar,if you have any p 21 just attach it ,3 refrence from irish citizens,if you have gp you can attach gp refrence letter etc etc etc good luck

Mentalist101

NCP

Post by Mentalist101 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:49 pm

You should avail of the government funded New communities Partnership as they offer a free service to check your documents and they offer advise on how to apply.

see more on their website http://newcommunities.ie/cass/

I used them and they were very good. Its also a good idea to shop around for some solicitors because some are way cheaper than others.

Goodluck :D