ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier-1 extension - Last minute queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pavanbarnala
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier-1 extension - Last minute queries

Post by pavanbarnala » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:35 am

Context: My Tier-1 is expiring on 9 March 2012. I'm applying for extension by post on 30 January (since appointment slots for applying in person are not available).

I have some queries/clarifications and I would need help from this community in making sure I'm not doing something messy and my understanding is correct:

Evidence of Qualification:
I'm not submitting any evidence for this now as I had submitted the same when I got my visa in 2009. So, I'm checking the option Evidence previously provided with the applicant's initial Tier 1 (General) application. Please confirm if this is fine.

Evidence of English Language:
Same. Not submitting any document since I had previously satisfied the requirement. Please confirm if this is fine.

UK Experience:
Out of 12 months, 10 months earnings are from India employer and 2 months earnings are from UK employer (I came to UK only in November 2011, even thought my visa was valid from March 2009). My 2 months earnings in UK is more than 16000 GBP, including the bonus amount of 10000 GBP. Since time spent in UK is not a factor and just the earnings is a factor for getting points in this category, I'm entitled to claim 5 points. Please confirm if this is fine.

Maintenance:
Question: Time period considered is 3 months immediately before the application. What can be the maximum allowable end date? Obviously, giving a bank statement of 3 months till just 1 day before the application date is not always feasible. Can I give the statement with 3 months ending 11 Jan 2012 (My application date being 30 Jan). I cant give my UK bank account statement for 3 months since the account opened only on 15 Dec 2011. So I'm giving my Indian Bank account statement for 3 months ending 11 Jan 2012.

Question: If furnishing bank statement till 11 Jan 2012 for the application dated 30 Jan 2012 is not really recommended, Can I show the fund maintenance from 2 different accounts? Indian account showing minimum funds until 11 Jan 2012 and UK account showing funds from 11 Jan 2012 to 27 Jan 2012?

People - Please reply to each of my concerns, so that I can gain confidence in my chances of getting my visa extended. I'm kind of jittery now.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Evidence of Qualification:
Should be OK i.e. you don't have to prove again. Read the form carefully and you will see this

Evidence of English Language:
Should be OK i.e. you don't have to prove again. Read the form carefully and you will see this

UK Experience:
Not sure, but i don't think so

Maintenance:

Your bank statement must be in last 30 days when you are applying. so if you are applying on 31st Jan, bank statement should be dated anywhere between 1st jan to 31st Jan.

Can I ask which profession you are in as 26000 in 2 months is a very handsome amount

Regards

pavanbarnala
Newly Registered

Post by pavanbarnala » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks taheernavid.

Why do you think points for UK experience cannot be claimed in my case? As per UKBA, what matters is the amount of 16k while working in UK, they don't have any minimum period of consideration here. So I think I can claim.

Experts - Please confirm this.

Also, my last question on showing the fund maintenance from 2 different accounts - Is that acceptable? Out of 3 months, I will show 2 months from Indian account and 1 month from UK account. The reason I can't show my Indian account for 3 months even though I would have the required amount till 29 Jan is that the online statement needs to be attested by the bank and obviously I cannot take the risk of waiting till 27 Jan and getting the attestation done in India through one of my friends and sending it over. I'm getting this done now itself so that I can be have the statement till 11 Jan. If what taheernavid says is right about the statement dated any time in the last 1 month of application date, I think I can go ahead with just my Indian bank statement alone. But I want to be doubly sure about this 1 month thing, because I did not find any mention about it in UKBA site.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Maintenance fund bank statements should be dated no longer than 1 calendar month (No 170 of the Tier 1 guide)

pavanbarnala
Newly Registered

Post by pavanbarnala » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Wonderful, that's what I wanted. Appreciate it.

About the UK experience as well - Can you please confirm my understanding..

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:30 pm

If you have permission to stay in the UK as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, a Highly Skilled Migrant, a Writer, Composer or Artist or as a Self-Employed Lawyer under the rules in place before 6 April 2010, you can score five points for UK experience if £16,000 or more of the previous earnings for which you are claiming points were earned in the UK.
If you have permission to stay in any other category you can score five points if £25,000 or more of the previous earnings for which you are claiming points were earned in the UK.