ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks guys . i am agree with you its very stressfull i hope all of us get there passports as soon as posible so we can all carry on with our plans i like this form what i saw evryone here try to help eatchother god bless evryone tc gyes

regards

sunny

cnu

Post by cnu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Good News,

My Spouse got Citizenship approved today, based on Spouse of Irish National. We applied in April, 2011 and got the approval letter today.

So I'd wish you all guys get it too as early as possible.

THANK YOU ALAN and the Citizenship Officials!

I also thank you guys, all your posts were very usefull.

kiwiwife1

Post by kiwiwife1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:10 pm

cnu wrote:Good News,

My Spouse got Citizenship approved today, based on Spouse of Irish National. We applied in April, 2011 and got the approval letter today.

So I'd wish you all guys get it too as early as possible.

THANK YOU ALAN and the Citizenship Officials!

I also thank you guys, all your posts were very usefull.
Congratulations!
Probably means another batch of approvals is coming through for a fair number too.

cnu

Post by cnu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:21 pm

kiwiwife1 wrote:
cnu wrote:Good News,

Congratulations!
Probably means another batch of approvals is coming through for a fair number too.
Thanks Kiwiwife1, I must say, I was very motivated with your posts too. Wow, it hasnt sunk in for us yet! hoooo !!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:50 pm

congrats cnu.i am wishing everybody good luck for coming weeks its seems like bunch of approval going to knock our door soon.good luck i am so happy for you to tell us this wonderfull news.any one else ring citizenship divsion today.any one else got theirs approval recently

an_immigrant
Newly Registered

a very useful source of data....

Post by an_immigrant » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi all, here is a great source of data to keep track of the past and present applications :idea: so far. Please keep updating the datasheet very carefully bearing in mind we all benefit from this. and thank you to Scrudu for initiating it once again... kind regards.

http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/s ... ship_apps

One day

Post by One day » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi all anybody from 2008 still waiting and when anybody call are u getting the same respond (we r waiting for outside agencies) please any update :roll:

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:53 pm

i try to call them lines are very busy you couldnot get through it.i think they should make website where we can log in .check the status about our application.

cnu

Post by cnu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:25 pm

IQU wrote:congrats cnu.i am wishing everybody good luck for coming weeks its seems like bunch of approval going to knock our door soon.good luck i am so happy for you to tell us this wonderfull news.any one else ring citizenship divsion today.any one else got theirs approval recently
Thanks IQU, I know it could be pain for all those who are waiting, but all I can say - patience pays. So just hang on, I'll pray for you all.

sensitivesoul
Newly Registered

Post by sensitivesoul » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Is everyone here mostly applying for citizenship through naturalization? Or is there some here that are doing the foreign birth registration?

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:39 pm

one of my friends had applied basis of marraige to irish national(she is naturalised) got his approval letter today application ref no 68/60../11

no documents asked

kiwiwife1

Post by kiwiwife1 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:37 pm

cnu wrote:
IQU wrote:congrats cnu.i am wishing everybody good luck for coming weeks its seems like bunch of approval going to knock our door soon.good luck i am so happy for you to tell us this wonderfull news.any one else ring citizenship divsion today.any one else got theirs approval recently
Thanks IQU, I know it could be pain for all those who are waiting, but all I can say - patience pays. So just hang on, I'll pray for you all.
Fingers crossed for you too. Hopefully it's coming in this new wave of approvals.

drs
Newly Registered

Garda Clearance Stage / Change in Address...

Post by drs » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi everyone, this is a fantastic forum, never realised there was such a great resource for people who have applied for citizenship!

I rang the citizenship helpline yesterday and was told that the applications had been sent for Garda clearance. However, I asked them to verify the address they have for me on file, and it turned out to be out of date so am wondering what impact that might have :-/

Here's a brief timeline for my application, would greatly appreciate any advise on what I should worry about or what I should do...

Aug-2010: Applied for Naturalisation based on 5 years residence on working visa
Sep-2010: Got requested for original copy of marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate
Sep-2010: Supplied additional Documents
Oct-2010: Got acknowledgement letter that application was being processed
Mar-2011: Moved out of my rented apartment and updated new address at GNIB
Apr-2011: Called citizenship helpline and told them I had changed my address and was advised to send an email to info@justice.ie to update my address. I did this and got a confirmation back
Jan-2012: Called citizenship helpline, was advised that application had gone for garda clearance; asked them to verify address and it was the same as what I had given at time of application! They asked me to send a letter with change of address with my signature on it and I have sent that today. Also, I have requested that the records be updated with my mother-in-law's (c/o) address in Westmeath while I live in Dublin as I am likely to move apartments again shortly. This is the same address I have given to GNIB.

Do you think this mess with the address change is going to cause a major issue? if so, any advise on what I should do?

Thanks in advance!
drs

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:03 pm

awadesref when did your friend applied for citizenship?

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 am

IQU
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:03 pm Post subject:
awadesref when did your friend applied for citizenship?

he applied 10th june 2011

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:08 pm

its mean new application is made after june 2011.will be decide with six months time frame .

IndoIrish
Newly Registered

Post by IndoIrish » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:55 pm

HI Guys,

Has anyone recieived the final Invitation for the upcoming oath ceremorny in feb with your date,time and all other details?

regards

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:44 pm

its 3,4 feb in rathmines .when you got approval letter ?when did you send the cheque and another documents etc etc?

realhope

Post by realhope » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:05 pm

IndoIrish wrote:HI Guys,

Has anyone recieived the final Invitation for the upcoming oath ceremorny in feb with your date,time and all other details?

regards
hi indoirish
still waiting for final invitation. when did you send your choice of date?
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

kiwiwife1

Post by kiwiwife1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:56 am

realhope wrote:
IndoIrish wrote:HI Guys,

regards
hi indoirish
still waiting for final invitation. when did you send your choice of date?
Me too.
I posted off my preferences the day I received them (23 December) and they received them on the 28th (I think?).

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Sorry for dumb question:

What steps are ahead after we send our gnib card, 950 euro .. and before we get passport?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:58 pm

once you send the draft of 950 euro and gnib card.they will acknowede the correspondence.it can take upto 3 weeks.but just make sure send them everything in register post also keep the colour ,black and white copies.they will send you the letter about your availblity for citizenship ceromany.once you fill that letter you will get confirmation about venue etc etc. good luck

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:31 pm

IQU wrote:once you send the draft of 950 euro and gnib card.they will acknowede the correspondence.it can take upto 3 weeks.but just make sure send them everything in register post also keep the colour ,black and white copies.they will send you the letter about your availblity for citizenship ceromany.once you fill that letter you will get confirmation about venue etc etc. good luck
My son received today the approval letter and they are looking for the 950 euro fee, 2 colour photos and GNIB card.
My son doesn't have a GNIB card , he arrived in Ireland as a minor , and in 2007 when we became EU citizens he was still a minor, so he never had a GNIB card.
So what documents should he send ? Only the bank draft and the photos?
Thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:47 pm

congrats for your son approval.when he applied for irish citizenship.what ground did you became eu citizens.what is your son current nationality.how old is your son now. if he is non eu citizens just send them copy of his passport and your previous gnib card copy.any more suggestion please

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:35 am

Hi everyone.

I've been in Ireland since I was 6 years old and I am 19 years old now, I've baiscly grew up in Ireland. I applied for my Irish citizenship in November 2011. I'm still waiting on my reference number, any idea on how long that takes? Also, does that mean my application will take 6 months to process? I'm really hoping I get my citizenship before university starts in September.