ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa AND PUBLIC FUNDS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EXPENSIVE
Newly Registered

spouse visa AND PUBLIC FUNDS

Post by EXPENSIVE » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:21 pm

i am a student got married to a british citizen,my wife is not working and she claim housing benefit only i will like to apply for spouse visa,as a student i work part time i will like to no if is possible to apply for the spouse visa and any possible that i will be granted the spouse visa i need your advise as my student visa will expire on 31/10/2012,THANKS

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Your partner is claiming Income Support too?

You would have to show where you will live together without recourse to additional public funds. Rented property with enough rooms.

You would have to show you both can earn enough or have enough saved to live on for 27 months (I think) without your partner claiming any additional funds.
Thank you immigrationboards.com

EXPENSIVE
Newly Registered

Post by EXPENSIVE » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:38 pm

HE HIS NOT CLAIMING INCOME SUPPORT, WILL RENTED THE HOUSE THE COUNCIL ONLY PAY HALF OF THE RENT WILL LEAVE IN 1BEDROOM FLAT

THANKS

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:50 pm

I would also like to know the policy on partial housing benefit, in terms of the spouse visa. I have some of my rent paid by the council, but that is all.

To be honest I didn't even ask for it, I simply let them know I was starting my own business and they revised it, giving me benefits for 6 months after which I need to supply company accounts...

But I could just get rid of them...should I tell the council to stop giving me benefits before I apply for spouse visa? I have seen some posts where people have successfully been granted visas despite being on HB

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 pm

EXPENSIVE - how will you pay half if the council are already paying the whole amount in full? You want to move into your future sposes one bedroom flat for which the council already pay 100%.

jimmurray - are you applying for a spose's visa or yourself?
Thank you immigrationboards.com

EXPENSIVE
Newly Registered

Post by EXPENSIVE » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 pm

they dont pay full housing benefit the pay half of it.