ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - WP - Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Travis
Newly Registered

ILR Success - WP - Croydon

Post by Travis » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Me and 3 Dependants were granted ILR on the 17th of Nov.

I've been a silent reader of the forums and by the time I left for my appointment I had no new threads to read on ILR. I will try to provide all relavent details in this post.

Background
========
1. 2003 / Sep : Arrive in the UK as a Student, 2006: complete the degree

2. 2006 / Dec : Work permit for 5 years.

3. 2007 / July : Wife brought in as a dependant.

4. Company being bought over, Name changed , Home office informed of the change.

5. 2010 / 11 : Two daughters born in UK no visa obtained.

6. Absences - ~100 Days

Things I Worried about
================

1. That Theresa May would scrap the ILR WP->ILR scheme before I
complete 5 years.

2. I lost the p60 for 2006 - 07, company couldn't provide me with a copy
as the accountants were changed.

3. Poor Bank balance.

4. Kids Visas. (They both did not have visas as they were born here)

[b][u]Measures Taken to counter the above mentioned.[/u][/b]

1. Pray to god that Theresa May's problems continue.... that she messes
up everytime she opens her mouth (So far so good!!!!!!).

2. Lost P60 - Obtained a document on letter headed paper from the
company certifying the figures in the P60

I also spoke to the HMRC and they were able to provide a
statement of tax paid for the year in question.

3. Bad bank Balance :

I transferred the money I saved up to pay for the Visa , to
a ISA account and took a balance statement. I also had
another current account that I used for my daily expences.
I obtained copies of last 3 months statements of this account
as well.

4. Kids Visas :

I've read in this forum that it's not a must to have visas for
kids born in the UK. I checked with the Home office, they
said that it's not a must.

Documents I prepared.

1. Company letter Mentioning the SOC code.
2. Last 3 months Pay slips.
3. Last 3M bank statements.
4. P60's
5. Cohabitation Docs.
6. Life in the UK test pass certificates.
7. Work Permit related Docs
8. Spreadsheet for absent days with number of days itemised
9. Daughters Birth Certificates.

I also prepared another set of docs with back up documents, such as cohabitation , Bank statements.

On the day
========

After a lot of arguing / Thinking Me and my wife agree that I should go alone. and It proved to be the right decision.

Appointment at 11.15 , left really early as I wasn't really sure about my Daughters Picture. got another set printed from the boots in the shopping center.

Approached the door 1 hour before, hoping they would allow me in .

Allowed in, Airport style checking.

10.30am :They have a few counters downstairs checking to see if all your
docs are in place.

10.50 : I was at the payment counter .

11.00 : waiting for the number to be called in for the interview.

11.10 : called in for the interview, The guy asked me to provide him the
following docs.

1. Company Letter.
2. Pay slips.
3. Bank Statements.
4. Co-Habitation Docs
5. Life in the UK results.

He then said that he will have to take lunch in between , so for me to sit in the waiting area in a place
where He can see me , that he will let me know how it goes.

I was a bit upset as the couple who went before me were granted visa before me and their case worker
asked a lot of questions from them and was friendly.

11. 30 : Waiting.... pretending to read a book .. but nothing registers.

11.45 : Still Waiting..... 2 pages down , but I dont remember anything.....

11.55 : he calls me over... I think... "This is it... I'm going to be told that They cannot grant Visa... oh god make it
fast!!!!" . NO Wait!!! I hear him say a lot of things... but in between I hear " Your application is Pre-
Approved!!!!".. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I dont hear anything else.... eventhough I pretend to....

12.00 : Make a call to my wife to let her nkw of the result.... we decide to wait till we get the passports to tell friends
/ Family

3.10 pm : I receive the passports after waiting for 3 hours!!!! It's worth it cos all our passports were stamped with
ILR!!!!

I meant to explain everything in this forum as it has been immensely helpful. Please dont hesitate to ask any questions. Mind you I've read almost all forums on ILR so I might know a thing or two.

Best Wishes

haiammu
Newly Registered

Congrats and a Quick Query.

Post by haiammu » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi, I have similar situation as yours. My company name changed recently. I went to PEO Croydon with a letter from HR mentioning the Company name change but they didn't accept it. Rather they wanted a confirmation letter from UKBA Work permit office. Hence my ILR was withheld. All my originals are with Croydon office and they have given me 14 days time to get the letter.
I asked my HR to apply and they did file but it looks like it will take 3-4 weeks.

Can you please tell me what did You/your HR do when changing the company name ?? Did you get a letter from UKBA stating the company name change which you carried. How long did it take to change the company name. How did your application went through. I am on work permit and working for the same company since last 5 years. Now I am worried if my application might be rejected.

Please share any information/suggestion you have.
Thanks

Travis
Newly Registered

Post by Travis » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi haiammu,

Very sorry about what you have had to go through.

My company is a really small one and we had 2 others who were on work permits.

My new boss himself informed the WPUK of the change. In reply we got letters sent to us individually confirming that they accept the company name change.

I took this letter with me when I went , but the caseworker didn't want it eventhough I gave it to him.

I'm not 100% sure as to what you should do , but I fell that it's best if you seeked a immigration lawyers opinion.

Once again I'm really sorry and hope it gets resolved soon.

brakesh

Post by brakesh » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:55 am

hi haiammu,

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

My company has relocated from previous address. Almost after 1 and half years, i requested my manager to inform home office to notify the change of address so that i wont have any problem while applying for ILR. I filled the Technical change form and send it to the home office with the fee mentioned in the form and i think i got it between 2-3 weeks, not exactly sure. After that they have send the Letter accepting the changes one for the company and one for me.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks
RB

genious

Post by genious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:55 am

congratulations.

what Co-Habitation Docs you have provided

thanks,

haiammu
Newly Registered

What is my status now.

Post by haiammu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks guys,

I applied for my ILR which was withheld for some document. All my originals including my passport is with UKBA Croydon office. My visa expired yesterday (8/1.2012). I am in the process of collecting the letter which UKBA office asked for considering my ILR application.

So my question is,

- As my passport is with UKBA, even though my application is withheld and my visa is expired, am I staying legally ??

I know I am staying legal as when you apply ILR through post, while decision is made even if the visa expires you are legal but my case the only difference is that I applied for same day service, paid premium fee and still waiting for my ILR :-( .

Thanks

mqsatishmk
Newly Registered

Post by mqsatishmk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:16 pm

haiammu,

Any update on your case ? have you got back your docs?

Satish

man4uni

Re: ILR Success - WP - Croydon

Post by man4uni » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Travis wrote: 1. Company Letter.
2. Pay slips.
3. Bank Statements.
4. Co-Habitation Docs
What Co-habitation docs did you provide Travis ?

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Thanks

shaztait
Newly Registered

Post by shaztait » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 am

hi there,

really RANDOM question, but im trying to find out if its easy to find parking there? I have never been to croydon so dont want to drive if i wont find parking.

dev_0891
Newly Registered

Post by dev_0891 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:44 am

Travis wrote:Me and 3 Dependants were granted ILR on the 17th of Nov.

I've been a silent reader of the forums and by the time I left for my appointment I had no new threads to read on ILR. I will try to provide all relavent details in this post.

Background
========
1. 2003 / Sep : Arrive in the UK as a Student, 2006: complete the degree

2. 2006 / Dec : Work permit for 5 years.

3. 2007 / July : Wife brought in as a dependant.

4. Company being bought over, Name changed , Home office informed of the change.

5. 2010 / 11 : Two daughters born in UK no visa obtained.

6. Absences - ~100 Days

Things I Worried about
================

1. That Theresa May would scrap the ILR WP->ILR scheme before I
complete 5 years.

2. I lost the p60 for 2006 - 07, company couldn't provide me with a copy
as the accountants were changed.

3. Poor Bank balance.

4. Kids Visas. (They both did not have visas as they were born here)

Measures Taken to counter the above mentioned.

1. Pray to god that Theresa May's problems continue.... that she messes
up everytime she opens her mouth (So far so good!!!!!!).

2. Lost P60 - Obtained a document on letter headed paper from the
company certifying the figures in the P60

I also spoke to the HMRC and they were able to provide a
statement of tax paid for the year in question.

3. Bad bank Balance :

I transferred the money I saved up to pay for the Visa , to
a ISA account and took a balance statement. I also had
another current account that I used for my daily expences.
I obtained copies of last 3 months statements of this account
as well.

4. Kids Visas :

I've read in this forum that it's not a must to have visas for
kids born in the UK. I checked with the Home office, they
said that it's not a must.

Documents I prepared.

1. Company letter Mentioning the SOC code.
2. Last 3 months Pay slips.
3. Last 3M bank statements.
4. P60's
5. Cohabitation Docs.
6. Life in the UK test pass certificates.
7. Work Permit related Docs
8. Spreadsheet for absent days with number of days itemised
9. Daughters Birth Certificates.

I also prepared another set of docs with back up documents, such as cohabitation , Bank statements.

On the day
========

After a lot of arguing / Thinking Me and my wife agree that I should go alone. and It proved to be the right decision.

Appointment at 11.15 , left really early as I wasn't really sure about my Daughters Picture. got another set printed from the boots in the shopping center.

Approached the door 1 hour before, hoping they would allow me in .

Allowed in, Airport style checking.

10.30am :They have a few counters downstairs checking to see if all your
docs are in place.

10.50 : I was at the payment counter .

11.00 : waiting for the number to be called in for the interview.

11.10 : called in for the interview, The guy asked me to provide him the
following docs.

1. Company Letter.
2. Pay slips.
3. Bank Statements.
4. Co-Habitation Docs

He then said that he will have to take lunch in between , so for me to sit in the waiting area in a place
where He can see me , that he will let me know how it goes.

I was a bit upset as the couple who went before me were granted visa before me and their case worker
asked a lot of questions from them and was friendly.

11. 30 : Waiting.... pretending to read a book .. but nothing registers.

11.45 : Still Waiting..... 2 pages down , but I dont remember anything.....

11.55 : he calls me over... I think... "This is it... I'm going to be told that They cannot grant Visa... oh god make it
fast!!!!" . NO Wait!!! I hear him say a lot of things... but in between I hear " Your application is Pre-
Approved!!!!".. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I dont hear anything else.... eventhough I pretend to....

12.00 : Make a call to my wife to let her nkw of the result.... we decide to wait till we get the passports to tell friends
/ Family

3.10 pm : I receive the passports after waiting for 3 hours!!!! It's worth it cos all our passports were stamped with
ILR!!!!

I meant to explain everything in this forum as it has been immensely helpful. Please dont hesitate to ask any questions. Mind you I've read almost all forums on ILR so I might know a thing or two.

Best Wishes

Dear Travis, I am also going to apply for ILR anytime now, but my problem is that i am being paid in cash and there is some salary difference in my statements and payslips which is like hundred pounds. i deposit cash, also is it possible to ask any accounts firm to generate salary slips for me if i want to pay my salary tax on my own?
your time and suggestions will be highly apreciated.

Travis
Newly Registered

@man4uni

Post by Travis » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:31 pm

@man4uni: Sorry, for the late reply. For some reason , I didn't get notified of your post.

hope It's not too late

I took 6 bills which covers the period of last two years (with both our names). I also took loads of bills with our names in it as a backup.

From what I gathered ... from reading and talking to others is that they generally look for Utility bills or bank statements that is addressed to you and your spouse in the last 2 years.

Both names don't need to be on the same doc, you can provide for an example (seperate) bank statements sent to you and your wife .

Pick a few covering the last 2 years if you can do so. so for an example, a doc dated 2009 Dec, another from maybe July 2010, another Dec 2010 , one from june 2010 ,then another from nov 2011.... hope you get what i'm tryign to say. You simply need to show that you two have been receiving letters at the same address for the last two years.

Travis
Newly Registered

Post by Travis » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:34 pm

[quote="shaztait"]hi there,

really RANDOM question, but im trying to find out if its easy to find parking there? I have never been to croydon so dont want to drive if i wont find parking.[/quote]

Hi ,

I didn't drive on the day , but there's few shoping centers nearby, one is actually riight in front, and I'm sure thare's enough parking spaces in these shopping centers.

Roads looked very confusing as there was a big one way system and also tram rails. So leave yourself some time to park etc etc

Travis
Newly Registered

Post by Travis » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:37 pm

[quote="dev_0891"]

Dear Travis, I am also going to apply for ILR anytime now, but my problem is that i am being paid in cash and there is some salary difference in my statements and payslips which is like hundred pounds. i deposit cash, also is it possible to ask any accounts firm to generate salary slips for me if i want to pay my salary tax on my own?
your time and suggestions will be highly apreciated.[/quote]

hi,

I'm honestly not sure about this, but I think you need to definetely provide your payslips. Does your company not give you payslips???

Or else , are you self employed???

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Thank You Travis! :D

Your help is very much appreciated! :)

Smam

SOC Code and Co-Habitation Docs

Post by Smam » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi Travis,
First of all heartiest congratulations to you mate on successfully getting your ILR.
I am also here on a WP and will apply soon for my ILR I just wanted to ask you few things
How you have mentioned the SOC in your employer letter. It would be great help to me if you can email me the exact material of your employer letter to me my email is smarsalam@gmail.com.
My second question is that what Co-Habitation Docs are ? as you have mentioned that you have provided some Co-Habitation docs.
Have you filed your case by your self or have you consulted an OISC or and immigration consultants/lawyers to represent your case on your behalf.
Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

ilraspirant

Post by ilraspirant » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi, Congrats, what cohab docs did you submit? Please help me know.