ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant visa refused for spouse

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poonam.renu
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependant visa refused for spouse

Post by poonam.renu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:32 pm

I have been refused a tier 2 dependant visa. The details are as below

Decision received on - 2-Dec-2011
Decision collected on - 5-Dec-2011
IAFT2 form filled and submitted on - 7-Dec-2011
Acknowledgement received from BHC New delhi - 12-Dec-2011

The visa was refused on the basis that proof of my wedding with my husband was inadequate. We have attached the copies of wedding pictures, wedding invitation and other documentary evidenaces and submitted the IAFT 2 form to the British High Comission New Delhi

Further we received the acknowledgement from BHC on 12-Dec-2011 that the IAFT2 form has been received by them and they will start reviewing the decision

However we have not heard back from them again so far. Any idea how long does the BHC New Delhi normally require to process the IAFT 2 form?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:00 pm

If a review of the case at the BHC determines that the earlier refusal was wrong, you may hear from them in about 6-8 weeks.
If the review of the case determines that the earlier refusal was correct then the appeal will be forwarded to UK and in such case the process can take 6 months or more.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

poonam.renu
Newly Registered

Post by poonam.renu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks sushdmehta. Also in the IAFT2 form it was mentioned that only photocopies should be submitted. No originals should be provided. So accordingly I have provided photocopies only of all the documents and evidences

However now after going through this forum I read several places that originals should be provided with IAFT2

I am confused if I have submitted my IAFT2 form correctly.

WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE ON THE FOLLOWING AS WELL:

On the form I had mentioned that we will not be sending any more documents, but we are now considering sending more proofs as well as originals.

Documents sent so far:

Copy of Marriage certificate from Delhi Govt. (attested)
Copy of marriage certificate from the Religious institution
Copy of Affidavits from me and my husband
Copies of wedding and reception invitations from Bride and Groom's side
Bank Stamped joint bank account statement
Color copy of personal Account statement showing the address same as my husband's
Color copy of personal Mobile bill showing the address same as my husband's
Attested copy of UID Aadhar Card acknowledgement receipt showing my husband's name and my address same as my husband's
Wedding + Reception pictures

Documents we are planning to send:
Wedding DVD (Not sure if they will accept it at BHC Delhi)
Bank stamped originals of personal account statement
More photographs (Other than wedding and reception)

Please advise if these should suffice and whether they will accept these documents[/u]

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:46 am

I dont understand why they found your marriage certificates to be inadequate? are they not legal documents? is your gvt marriage certificate not the general kind that given for every marriage, which happens to be a legal document? or its not legally binding?
How do the rest of the population there prove marriage? or was the marriage very recent?