ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Requirement for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mk357
Member of Standing

Residence Requirement for Naturalisation

Post by mk357 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi everyone, We have got our ILR last month. I might go out of country for 18-20 months in connection with my job. My wife would qualify and apply for her passport in Dec this year and hopefully should get it as my family would be staying here in the UK. My question is when I return back before 2 years of absence from UK, would I be able to apply for the BC as a spouse of a BC or do I have to wait and meet the qualifying period i.e may be a wait of 2-3 years extra. Just to clarify, I came here on HSMP JR and my wife was with me for the entire 5 years as a dependant. Now would I be able to apply on her basis?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm

You will have to wait until you're eligible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:58 pm

vinny wrote:You will have to wait until you're eligible.
Thanks Vinny.