ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shan24
Newly Registered

Housing Benefit

Post by Shan24 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:32 pm

hello, I need to sponsor my husband to come to the UK however I just got a job but it is part time because I have a 5 mth old baby. Although I am working I would still be receiving housing benefit as the job does not pay enough to cover my rent and childcare for the 3 days that I am at wrk. Do anyone know if I will still be able to sponsor my husband? He is a musician and can prove that he will be able to get work in the UK... help please!!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:02 pm

You will need to prove that you won't need to claim additional benefit once your husband joins you...and before he has found employment. You may find this difficult, especially as traditionally musicians have periods both in and out of work and are rarely employed in the UK on a permanent basis.
What proof of work for your husband do you intend to submit? A written offer of employment?

Shan24
Newly Registered

Post by Shan24 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:17 pm

I would be submitting an offer of employment. he is actually a music producer.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Then you should be fine under current regulations.

Shan24
Newly Registered

Post by Shan24 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:13 pm

thank u