ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect details on LIUK test certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran22
Member of Standing

Incorrect details on LIUK test certificate

Post by imran22 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Hello Members,

I have given my LIUK test today and I passed but when my certificate was given to me it had my first name listed in the surname field. Rest of my name was listed in other names section.

I made the mistake in filling the form. The test centre staff said nothing can be done now but it shouldn’t be a problem but I guess they will say that as they don't want to enter into discussion about amending the document as their system doesn't allow that. Any idea what I can do now?

Do I have to give the test again just to get my name right on the certificate? Anyone who had similar problem and used the same certificate to get their visa?

Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:13 pm

I think you should be ok. Nothing can be amended now and the test centre can’t help you.

UKBA should be able to understand this as it’s your name but in the wrong field.

I myself had similar issue but mine was worst than you as the test centre put my nationality wrong. I didn’t want to take a chance and sat for the test again and passed it.

It’s up to you but I don’t think so you need to sit for it again. Any other senior member can better advise you but I have shared with you what I did for myself.

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:30 pm

The UKBA is staffed by real bureaucrats.

If they want, the smallest detail can lead to rejection.

That said, an offical-looking letter impresses them to the point they that they look no further.

To be on the safe side, I would ask for the manager of the test center and tell him you need a piece of paper with his letterhead explaining what happened.

Remember this guy is running a business that is not part of the government and is certified to conduct these tests. You have every right to complain to him and / or the UKBA about his business' error. Doing so ( or threatening to do so ) would make him produce a letter explaining the error quite quickly. His LIUK portion of his business would safe.

The case worker would look at the letter for 1/2 a second or so, be totally pleased you've covered the issue in case her boss asks, and pass you through quickly. Then she could go for her coffee break ( very important to the bureaucrat ).

You would not have any chance of losing your money and time on a messed-up application.

Everyone wins.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:19 pm

I made a mistake while registering and I think the test centre staff cannot make any amendments to the details.

Can anyone suggest what should I do.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Re-take the test if possible. It's better to waste 50 odd pounds than 1350 pounds (in case..!!). It's better to be prepared and not have any slightest reasons for refusal. This will also give you pace of mind.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Can retaking a test cause any complications as there will be two test against my ID.

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:21 pm

imran22 wrote:Can retaking a test cause any complications as there will be two test against my ID.
That's true, they would have entered your appropriate document you supplied from the list, so it really SHOULD be ok.

If it was your fault ( I didn't notice this ), perhaps you could approach the owner of the training center nicely and ask if he could document your mistake on his letterhead - hell, even offer him an "administrative fee" to put the letter together for you.

As I'm sure you've seen from all the threads here, more documentation is better than less - and exceptional situations are better off with a letter documenting it.

The UKBA workers do love documents ( even if they just check them over and don't read them ).

And they do like their coffee breaks - so the sooner you can satisfy their bureaucratic needs and get them off to their coffee break, the better it is for all involved ( especially you who is putting 1350 on the line ).

sanak

Help Please urgent....

Post by sanak » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Imran can you please tell me what are you doing same as happen with me.For some reason my last name is printed in first name when i registered.
When i went there the person showed and he said that he will make note of this when updating data to home office.However when he printed the Pass certificate i dnt check and came home andfound the same has been printed in certificate dont know what to do please reply....

Push Vinny please help any suggestion...

Thanks In advance
Sana

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:36 pm

this is one of the common LIUK test registration errors. the same happened to my wife and she received her PR without any issue. LIUK certificates can't be reprinted and details can't be changed at the last minute / or at the test centre.
I would include a cover letter explaining the the oversight. The certificate also contains details of place of birth, date of birth, post code etc so you should be fine.

check the following
http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice. ... 70.html#q3

sanak

Error

Post by sanak » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi Ban.s,
Did you apply in person or at PEO...if in PEO did you explain them.. Can you please give detail of sample of letter to attach as i have PEO appointment.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Yes, it was in person application at Croydon PEO. Don't think the case worker even noticed the discrepancy and asked for any clarification.

Sorry - don't have the template as prepared a handwritten cover letter just before submission. Mention in the letter that that erroneously name and surname were interchanged during the LIUK registration. The other details in the LIUK certificate are correct and request the casework /HO to ignore the oversight and discrepancy.

sanak

thanks ban.s

Post by sanak » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:08 pm

ban.s wrote:Yes, it was in person application at Croydon PEO. Don't think the case worker even noticed the discrepancy and asked for any clarification.

Sorry - don't have the template as prepared a handwritten cover letter just before submission. Mention in the letter that that erroneously name and surname were interchanged during the LIUK registration. The other details in the LIUK certificate are correct and request the casework /HO to ignore the oversight and discrepancy.
Do you think this will be ok or will i loose my fees,,Please advise...
Sushdmehta -Can you please advise...as new exam I cant take...

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:01 pm

ban.s wrote:this is one of the common LIUK test registration errors. the same happened to my wife and she received her PR without any issue. LIUK certificates can't be reprinted and details can't be changed at the last minute / or at the test centre.
I would include a cover letter explaining the the oversight. The certificate also contains details of place of birth, date of birth, post code etc so you should be fine.

check the following
Thanks for posting this link.

I am inclined towards booking the test again but haven’t decided yet as the link says that write a letter explaining the reason and then Home Office can make a decision on it but then it is too late already and I will lose my fee.

The only thing I am concerned about if doing the test again will mess something up? Can somebody shed some light on it?

Many thanks for help.

sanak

Post by sanak » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:24 pm

imran22 wrote:
ban.s wrote:this is one of the common LIUK test registration errors. the same happened to my wife and she received her PR without any issue. LIUK certificates can't be reprinted and details can't be changed at the last minute / or at the test centre.

check the following
Thanks for posting this link.

I am inclined towards booking the test again but haven’t decided yet as the
link says that write a letter explaining the reason and then Home Office can make a decision on it but then it is too late already and I will lose my fee.
I spoke to home office and they said that if the center has made a entry correctly in system but the paper has error in name then it should be fine as long as I have provided a covering lette. But anyone in similar situation please help.
Thanks
Sana

The only thing I am concerned about if doing the test again will mess something up? Can somebody shed some light on it?

Many thanks for help.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 am

I am posting this message just to update the post and not leave it open ended like another one I found with identical problem to mine.

I have rebooked my test and decided not to take any chances.