ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR @ Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nav8
Newly Registered

ILR @ Croydon PEO

Post by Nav8 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi All,

Finally made it..
Got ILR approved today at croydon
Straight forward process.
Reached @ 7.30 for 8am appointment. Security screening after which initial application was checked and was asked to go 1st floor for payment and then wait in the seating area for roll to be called.

3 counters opened. the officer in front of my counter was hammering the applicant with questions and doubts on the application. was praying i dont get that officer and I was lucky enough to get the same person as case worker at 8.45.
He was to the point

I ask one by one and you give it was the first thing he said

Asked for application, then passports
photos, then 3 months pay slip, 3 bank statements, employer letter and P60's. and my absence spread sheet
He said he is gonna update the system and would take him 30min and he would call me.

called after 30min and advised everything seems ok and he is running some checks and will give back my passport at 10.30 and i can go out if i want to. i asked him what checks they were and he replied security checks. I thought the "game is over" as i had a court fine for driving in international licence and fine for SP30.
Came back at 10.30 and my number was called at counter 22 and my passport was stamped. checked the details and left the place ASAP in case they changed their mind!!! lol
back home happy as a larry!!

I would like to thank all the members who have contributed valuable information and passed on their experiences good or bad!!

and wish all the future ILR applicants good luck

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi mate, congrats! Did you declare the conviction?

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Yup, i did... i just mentioned the place and year as speeding fine.

GD78

Post by GD78 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Congrats on the ILR!

Quick question regarding your appointment time...what time did they let you in for the 8am appointment? Were you allowed in at 7:30am? I was wondering about this as I want to book an 8am appointment too...but i have heard the office opens at 8am officially...

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 am

counter opens at 8am, but they let me inside the building at 7.30 for security screening and preliminary application checks. its best that you book 8am appointment as the office is quiet and CW are in a fresh state of mind..

GD78

Post by GD78 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Cool...thanks for the advice. Definitely am gonna book an 8am appointment. Is there a separate entrance for appointments or is it the main entrance of Lunar House?

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:58 pm

there is a public entrance in lunar house clearly marked and you will see people queuing up there..