ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Employment letter /SOC query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

estaga
Newly Registered

ILR Employment letter /SOC query

Post by estaga » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi,

I'm about to go for my ILR application in a few weeks after being on a Work Permit for 5 years and was hoping that there is a better employer cover letter than the sticky in this forum that atleast mentions the SOC code?

I have a 'first run' from my employer but reading the SOC horror stories here it looks like I will need to get it changed...

The wording I have at the minute is:
<Croydon Address>

<Date>

Dear Sir/Madam

Employee Name: <Full Name>

We write to confirm that <Full Name> has been employed by <Company Name> since <Date>, holding the position of <Title>. We confirm that he is paid a base salary of <X> per annum with an annual car allowance of <Y>. This salary is above the appropriate rate for his role.

<Full Name> is still needed for employed with <Company Name>. His employment is permanent and continuing.

<Full Name> is permitted 25 days' annual leave per year. We can confirm that he has not taken any unpaid leave during his employment with <Company Name>.

As <Full Name> has now resided and worked in the UK as a work permit holder for a continuous period of five years, we request that he be granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

Should there be any questions arising in respect of the matter, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours faithfully
<HR Squigly>
<Contact info, etc>
Thanks!
E

ramvellore

Post by ramvellore » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:40 pm

You would just need to re-word a bit.. otherwise the letter looks perfect!

"This salary is above the appropriate rate for his SOC code 1234 - XXXXX Engineer."