ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language Requirement for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobobo

English language Requirement for Spouse Visa

Post by bobobo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:53 pm

I need to confirm something with regard to the English language Requirement now needed for Spouse Visas.

My Partner has done a Masters Degree in IT from City University. She has been awarded the degree and official transcript and is currently on the PSW visa.

Will this qualification suffice for her to get the Visa or will she need to take one of the English language tests.
I apologise if this is a repetitive question.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Sorry Guys I know not everybody has the time always.But would be great if someone could clarify the point above.
Thanks in advance

bobobo

Re: English language Requirement for Spouse Visa

Post by bobobo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:58 am

Anyone who can provide any help on this please....
bobobo wrote:I need to confirm something with regard to the English language Requirement now needed for Spouse Visas.

My Partner has done a Masters Degree in IT from City University. She has been awarded the degree and official transcript and is currently on the PSW visa.

Will this qualification suffice for her to get the Visa or will she need to take one of the English language tests.
I apologise if this is a repetitive question.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:27 am

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks a ton mate, it appears that all should be fine. I could swear i went through the site but didnt find this page.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 am

bobobo wrote:Thanks a ton mate, it appears that all should be fine. I could swear i went through the site but didnt find this page.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
it is actually a bit of a pain to find on the website, perhaps there is an easier way but I had to do quite a few clicks to get there - and I know where it is!

mohd24
Newly Registered

Post by mohd24 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:37 pm

An applicant can meet the requirement in one of the following ways:
- by passing an acceptable test at a minimum level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) with an approved provider, or
- by being a national of a majority English speaking country, or
- by having an academic qualification equivalent to a Bachelor‟s or Master‟s degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:06 pm

mohd24 wrote:An applicant can meet the requirement in one of the following ways:
- by passing an acceptable test at a minimum level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) with an approved provider, or
- by being a national of a majority English speaking country, or
- by having an academic qualification equivalent to a Bachelor‟s or Master‟s degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English.
sorry - don't really get the point of your reply - the question has already answeed the link to the relevent information given.