ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa - restrictions on country of departure?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wptotier177
Newly Registered

Family visitor visa - restrictions on country of departure?

Post by wptotier177 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Hello, I am a naturalised British citizen and I have invited my in-laws, who are indian citizens, to visit us in Feb / March. My In-laws recently got their Green Card for the USA, but their primary residence is still in India and they have very little evidence to show strong ties to the USA. They applied for their family visitor visa from India which has been approved now.

Due to some change in plans, they are planning to go to the USA in February and travel to UK in June directly from USA.

I am wondering if there are any restrictions in the family visitor visa about travelling from a country different from the country where the visa was issued. I am also concerned about issues in the immigration desk when they arrive in the UK from US.

Any thoughts or advice in this regard will be very helpful.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:17 pm

No issue.
People are allowed to travel in the world.