ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Tier 2 ICT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tiktiki

ILR - Tier 2 ICT

Post by tiktiki » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:34 pm

Hello
As I told you before I am already eligible for my ILR.But employer is not ready for the letter.I am on tier 2 ICT.
I was wondering if this letter will be sufficient which company is ready to give me.

This is to certify that Mr. XXXX, Employee Code No. XXXXX, is
employed with XXXXXX (UK) Limited. He has been working with
XXXXXX Limited (India) in the UK on a Work Permit since 16 Jan
2006. His current assignment is till July 2012 and his remuneration is partly paid in the UK in GBP and partly in India in INR.

If you need any further information then please do not hesitate to contact myself.

Yours sincerely,

1)company has mentioned in above letter about my need till july 2012 and my current visa is valid till june 2013.Do you think is there any prob with this?
2)They are not ready to mention about SOC code but I can get the employment history from HMRC and Payslips and bank statement as a proof to show.

Please advise.
Thanks

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: employer letter querry!!

Post by malepiscean » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:14 am

tiktiki wrote:Do you think is there any prob with this?
I think you should persuade them strongly to give you the letter as is required by the rules here. Don't take any chances with this.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am

tiktiki wrote:I am on tier 2 visa and completed my 5 years.I am due for ILR.My company is not ready for employer letter as they are saying its our policy and ask the authority to get in touch with us.They are paying me above the soc code.

Can anyone tell me if solicitor can get us this letter as its my right to ask them if I get paid above SOC code .They Have given me letter stating I am needed for further 2 years.
I know sushmehta has mentioned that employer is not liable to give any letter but If he is ready to give letter that I am needed for future just not ready to put soc code is unfair on me?

any suggestions what shd I do?
linkers wrote:You need to show them the evidence from UKBA’s website and make them realise the seriousness and importance of this letter.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 am

tiktiki wrote:I am due for Ilr since 6 months but my company is not ready for employer letter I have got another employer who is ready to sponsor me n give me tier 2 general can it b possible can I get transfered from ict to general .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:53 am

Yes, if you first applied for ICT leave before 6-Apr-10.
Check beforehand if the potential employer will issue you the mandatory letter as and when you need it.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Thank you sushdmehta.
Yes I have confirmed from them n they said yes for letter.Do I have to wait for cos I mean I know every month they realese some.or I will get unrestricted cos.Is there long waiting for cos ??
Thank u .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Since you are in UK, your potential employer will need to assign a unrestricted CoS to enable you to make a leave to remain application as a Tier 2 (General) migrant.

For further queries regarding Tier 2, please post in the relevant forum.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Thank you :)

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 pm

sorry I just checked my wp at home I got wp on 22nd April 2010 which is tier 2 general and 11 April 2011 ICT .
I did read the documents 245 Gd But dint understand nothing.I am sorry for that.Does this mean I can not apply for wp.??

Thank u.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:20 pm

tiktiki wrote:sorry I just checked my wp at home I got wp on 22nd April 2010 which is tier 2 general and 11 April 2011 ICT .
Your post doesn't make sense!

You say you had Tier 2 (General) in 2010 and Tier 2 (ICT) in 2011. How is that possible?

Questions:
1. When (date) did you first arrive in the UK?
2. Under which category?
3. Were you transferred to UK from an overseas location to UK office? Or did you start working for a new sponsor / employer here?
4. If answer to 2. above is WP / Tier 2, have you worked with the same employer since then?

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Honestly this is the truth
i came in 24 oct 2006 snr consultant as wp Holder.
Second wp 8/10/2007 for 12 months
I have approval letter from ukba 27 april 2011 ICT
I have approval letter from ukba 22nd april 2010 tier 2 general

ICFN CARD 27/04/11 TO 13/06/2013
ICFN CARD 23/04/2010TO 14/06/2011

Yes I am been employed from overseas company.I am working for same employer since 2004.Only thing is I have a gap of 7months when my daughter was born in 2006.

I can scan n PM u my copies of wp.

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:27 pm

tiktiki wrote:I have approval letter from ukba 22nd april 2010 tier 2 general
Probably a typographical error on the letter.

Given the stated immigration history, it appears that you entered UK as a intra-company transferee in 2006 and have extended your stay since then as a Tier 2 (ICT) migrant. If you are unsure, check with your HR.

Do you know if you are current leave is as a Tier 2 (ICT) long-term staff or some other sub-category of Tier 2 (ICT). If you don't, find it out (check with HR).

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 pm

May be then its a typographical mistake then.Can I ask you what difference does it make I mean long term or sub category.Can u suggest me any document which I can read.
I am really stressed out and so is my family.Only thing I want now is my wp stamping dont want to wait for another year.
I sincerely thank u for your help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you where to look as I have never made a Tier 2 application or seen one. You ought to know since you were the one who made the application.

Anyhow, shouldn't matter since you have been a ICT migrant since the beginning. Switch to Tier 2 (General) and apply for settlement as and when you can.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:59 pm

APOLOr.GIES for my poor english.I am on tier 2 ICT FOR last 8 years.My company is not giving me letter for ILR.so i m not able to apply for ILR.Also my project was finishing but with god's grace its extended.We want to play a safe a game so thinking of getting wife's wp stamped while I am still fighting with company for letter.
My querry is if my wife goes on her WP.and after that I get letter from company and get ILR.
How will it affect my wife??Will she get immediate ILR.??

Thank u.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 pm

For anyone to answer your most recent query appropriately, you need to share your wife's current immigration status.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Thank u for ur reply..She is on dependent visa.

Thank u.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:21 pm

1. She cannot apply from within the UK to change her status from "dependant" to "Tier 2 migrant". She will need to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK.
2. She will only become eligible for settlement after 5 years of entering UK as a Tier 2 migrant- just like it has taken you 5 years.