ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PBS Dependent visa rejected due to bank letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satish_k80
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PBS Dependent visa rejected due to bank letter

Post by satish_k80 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi there,

I applied for my wife visa in Dec'2011 from Mumbai and is rejected reasoning

1. the last month's bank letter showing transactions has no bank logo/name and therefore cannot considered as per PBS visa rules.

2. The bank statement from Bank of Baroda of my wife's account does not have enough balance(533 pounds)

However as far as the point 1 is concerned, i supplied a printout(as I had not received the statement at the time of the application) of my bank account from Halifax bank listing the transactions with balance over 1333(800+533) each day. The print out was provided by bank with a cover letter stating balance as of the day(12th Dec) and on a separate page the list of transactions of last one month with 'bank stamp and sign'. The cover letter has the name of branch and manager's name, contact numbers along with the bank stamp and sign.

I believe this is sufficient and is as per the visa guidelines, and if they had any doubt they could have contacted the bank directly to confirm the transactions. Therefore visa is rejected without due diligence and the decision to reject is incorrect.

As far for the point 2 is irrelevant because this was just sent as supporting and my bank's fund was enough for funds maintenance.

Can you please advise if the visa rejected was incorrect? and if is best to consult a immigration consultant/solicitor in India or in UK?

Appreciate your help and advise

Thanks
Satish