ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my girlfriend switch?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mduho

Can my girlfriend switch?

Post by mduho » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Hello everyone, thanks in advance for answering me these questions three.

1. If I get my ILR after being on a path of Tier 1 for 5 years am I considered "settled" in the UK?

2. If I am therefore "settled", can a Girlfriend who is in the UK from New Zealand on a 2 year working holiday visa marry me and get an extension of stay after the working holiday is up as the spouse of a person "present and settled in the United Kingdom?"

3. Are there no conditions on the above case where you have to married for a number of years to make it seem legit? Where can it go wrong?

The reason I'm asking is that I have just met an amazing girl who is on a Working Holiday Visa and although it's 2 years form expiring - and I may be getting WAY ahead of myself - I need to know so I can pursue this relationship - because I sure as hell don't want to move to New Zealand (don't get me wrong it IS a nice place but I have commitments here.)

Thank you again, and very much appreciated!

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:47 pm

mduho

Post by mduho » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:13 pm

So she could "switch" from a Working Holiday to a FLR(M) "extension of stay in the UK as the partner of a person settled in the UK."

I know you can't "switch" from a visitor(6month or less) visa to FLR(M).
but working holiday to my wife is ok?
Amiright!?

P.s I have yet to even DATE this girl, but as you can tell I have high hopes - confidence and past experience of that particular anxiety and terror that only a visa can cause ;)

Thanks "settled_now" for the above link - anyone else chime in?