ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General dependent visa application query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vp77

Tier 1 General dependent visa application query

Post by vp77 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Dear Friends,

I am applying for Tier 1 general dependent visa for my wife and 2 kids in India in the next few days. I have been in UK since May 2011. Request you to please verify and confirm the completeness of the doc list and also answer few of my queries.

List of docs that I plan to submit for the visa:

1. VAF10 visa application form
2. Application fee bank draft
3. Original passport of applicants
4. Passport sized photograph
5. Cover letter from applicants
6. My Sponsor letter (main applicant)
7. UK bank statement in my single name showing the maintenance funds of 6000 pounds for 3 months (1600+1600+1600+800)
8. Marriage certificate and Birth certificate of my children for evidence of
relationship
9. Birth certificate of my wife
10.Recent family Photo dtd Nov 2011 (I had traveled to India) and Indian Insurance policies showing my wife as beneficiay for Subsisting relationship proof. Don't have email since we daily speak over the phone dialed through calling card and online skype.
11. Photocopy of the bio-data page and UK visa on my passport
12. Payslip for last 3 months
13. Employer contract copy
14. Photocopy of NI letter

Few questions :

1. I am not able to submit the tenancy agreement since I am living with my friend's family on an interim basis with the tenancy agreement & all bills in his name. I plan to rent my own house once my family joins in. Would the non submission of tenancy agreement cause any problem?

2. I am working on a contract through a recruitment agency with 3 months rolling contract with the current one getting over on 31st March 2012. With reference to this, do I need to fill up and if yes, what do I mention to the below questions in the visa form.
a) what job is the main applicant doing in UK (Part 7.14)
b) when is the job expected to finish? (Part 7.19)

I am sorry for a lengthy note here but request you to pls guide and confirm the above information since the visa fees is extremely high to lose for a rejection.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

VP

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 1 General dependent visa application query

Post by Tier1G09 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:47 pm

1. Would the non submission of tenancy agreement cause any problem?

I believe tenancy agreement is not mandatory requirement.
but can't you have agreement from your friend. As if he is your friend then he can give you tenancy agreement if he is the owner of the house. If your friend is also tenant then I don't know sir.

Yes you can fill this bit with the exact info and also you can explain in the brief may be in your sponsor letter or in the additional information section.

I also have one query if you can assist me My wife used to work but she resigned last month and now she is unemployed. I am going to marry her on 10th Feb and then will apply for her visa on 16th Feb. I am going to sponsor her in UK by showing all the tenancy agreement and bank statements. As I would be the main sponsor and after I will get married, my family will take care of my wife so I am confused what should I write under:
SECTION 6: Employment & Finances

How much do you spend each month on living costs?

(As This includes rent/mortgage/utility bills/loan repayments etc. but my wife will be living with my family and they will look after her) so cloud you please guide what should i write under this.

Thanks in advance.

bond_007
Newly Registered

Post by bond_007 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Iam in in UK since Sept 2011 and also planning to apply dependent visa for my wife, who is currently working in India.
As per the latest rules, only online application is accepted.
why do you need 'VAF10 visa application form'
Please correct me if i am wrong.

thanks and Regards,
Mohan
vp77 wrote:Dear Friends,

I am applying for Tier 1 general dependent visa for my wife and 2 kids in India in the next few days. I have been in UK since May 2011. Request you to please verify and confirm the completeness of the doc list and also answer few of my queries.

7. UK bank statement in my single name showing the maintenance funds of 6000 pounds for 3 months (1600+1600+1600+800)
relationship
10.Recent family Photo dtd Nov 2011 (I had traveled to India) and Indian Insurance policies showing my wife as beneficiay for Subsisting relationship proof. Don't have email since we daily speak over the phone dialed through calling card and online skype.

Few questions :

1. I am not able to submit the tenancy agreement since I am living with my friend's family on an interim basis with the tenancy agreement & all bills in his name. I plan to rent my own house once my family joins in. Would the non submission of tenancy agreement cause any problem?

2. I am working on a contract through a recruitment agency with 3 months rolling contract with the current one getting over on 31st March 2012. With reference to this, do I need to fill up and if yes, what do I mention to the below questions in the visa form.

I am sorry for a lengthy note here but request you to pls guide and confirm the above information since the visa fees is extremely high to lose for a rejection.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

VP

bond_007
Newly Registered

Post by bond_007 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Missed one more question.
As you have not completed one year in UK, don't you think, you should
also show maintenance fund for yourself ie 2800 for yourself.
I know this part is not clearly mentioned anywhere

I came in UK since Sep 2011 and I am planning to show 2800 for myself and 1600 for wife for 3 months period in my indian bank account in my name.
vp77 wrote:Dear Friends,

relationship

Few questions :

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

VP

aknche
Newly Registered

Post by aknche » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Mohan is correct, as per the latest rules, only online application is accepted.
'VAF10 visa application form' is not acceptable.

better to attach rental agreement even not mention any where

aknche
Newly Registered

Post by aknche » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi,

My VISA category is Tier-1 General I am staying in UK since more than 2 years. Does she need to show English language requirement. She is Graduate in Telugu medium.
Does English language is mandatory or not for Tier-1 Dependent.

Could you please answer to my question and suggest me.

Thanks
Ashok

bond_007
Newly Registered

Post by bond_007 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Ashok,
English language requirement is not required for Tier 1 Dependent visa

Regards,
Mohan

aknche wrote:Hi,

My VISA category is Tier-1 General I am staying in UK since more than 2 years. Does she need to show English language requirement. She is Graduate in Telugu medium.
Does English language is mandatory or not for Tier-1 Dependent.

Could you please answer to my question and suggest me.

Thanks
Ashok