ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFAM 4 Holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Obie wrote:I dont think the above statement is correct.

If the person was employed and then made redundant or they quit their work to engage in vicational activity related to their previous employment, then they still qualify as worker during their period of unemployment and cannot be considered as living in Ireland under conditions other than community law.

The question is , what was this woman doing in 2006 and if she was working, was she made redundant or not.
Yes you are correct but nothing in the OP's account even hints at that and this is the reason (as well as pure laziness) that I didn't get into it.

The OP could potentially also cover themselves if they could show that the pair were residing in Ireland with sufficient resources and medical insurance during any period where the EU Citizen was not working or studying.

Main point is if the OP can produce documentary evidence to show that i) they were married and ii) both residing in Ireland and iii) the EU Spouse was exercising his / her EU Treaty rights for 5 years continuously by working, studying or having sufficient funds (as well as medical insurance), then they should be successful in an application for a permanent residence card.