ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Wedding Photographer for one weekend?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wzowee
Newly Registered

Visa for Wedding Photographer for one weekend?

Post by wzowee » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction of what visa(if any) I would require as a Wedding Photographer doing a wedding in Ireland for one weekend?

Is this just the standard business visa? I'm an australian citizen, currently residing in england.

cheers.

Muttsnuts

Re: Visa for Wedding Photographer for one weekend?

Post by Muttsnuts » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 pm

wzowee wrote:Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction of what visa(if any) I would require as a Wedding Photographer doing a wedding in Ireland for one weekend?

Is this just the standard business visa? I'm an australian citizen, currently residing in england.

cheers.
If it's for you, you don't need a visa as Australian citizens are not visa required in Ireland.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Muttsnuts wrote:

cheers.
If it's for you, you don't need a visa as Australian citizens are not visa required in Ireland.
For the purpose of a visit, yes. For employment (including self-employment or freelance), permission is required.

OP, this query doesn't come up here too often. I suggest you contact the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Ben wrote:
Muttsnuts wrote:

cheers.
For the purpose of a visit, yes. For employment (including self-employment or freelance), permission is required.

OP, this query doesn't come up here too often. I suggest you contact the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation.
Yes permission is required and this ideally should be arranged prior to coming to Ireland. However, for the sake of carrying out some photography for a weekend, this is an extraordinary amount of hassle.

Come over for a "visit", as a wedding guest and do the job.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:41 pm

Muttsnuts wrote:
Ben wrote:
Muttsnuts wrote:

cheers.

Yes permission is required and this ideally should be arranged prior to coming to Ireland. However, for the sake of carrying out some photography for a weekend, this is an extraordinary amount of hassle.

The non-EEA national should enter Ireland posing as a visitor and work without permission / entitlement?

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:00 am

Ben wrote:
Muttsnuts wrote:
Ben wrote:
Muttsnuts wrote:

The non-EEA national should enter Ireland posing as a visitor and work without permission / entitlement?
Yes. One wedding, one weekend, I don't see too much harm in it. The exchequer is not going to gain any tax revenue as the amount of money earned is so low and this would be offset by the work required to process an application for permission in this context.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:07 am

Muttsnuts wrote:
Ben wrote:
Muttsnuts wrote:
Ben wrote:

Yes. One wedding, one weekend, I don't see too much harm in it. The exchequer is not going to gain any tax revenue as the amount of money earned is so low and this would be offset by the work required to process an application for permission in this context.
Interesting point but I'm afraid that doesn't make it legal.

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 am

Ben wrote: Interesting point but I'm afraid that doesn't make it legal.
I realise that. It's clear that it is not legal nor is it the correct way to go about it but in this context I don't think it's a big deal. However, that's just my opinion and on that, we'll have to agree to disagree.