ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) Form documentation help required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soneasharma
Newly Registered

Set (O) Form documentation help required

Post by soneasharma » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Hello There,

I am applying for Settlement in UK using set(O) form. I am currently on Tier 1 (General) migrant visa. Prior to that I was on work permit for 1 and a half year, so my qualifying period of 5 years is partially on work permit.

My concern is the Document section of the form where my application falls under section 10L.

The form says -

10L Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

What does the last statement of this section means? What document should I provide? Is it visa documentation for the work permit? or the bank statements or pay slips or tax forms for when I was on work permit?

Please help me identify the documentation they are after.

Kind Regards,
Sonia

petroeconomist
Newly Registered

Post by petroeconomist » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Helo Sonia,
I just filled up my application form for my next week appointment.

My case is also same as i was on WP for 2yrs and now on Tier-1 and applying for ILR.

You just checked box and show them the right Visa documents on your passport that would be enough.

Thats what i decided when i fill it up. We greatly welcomes other members opinion as it might help me as well.

soneasharma
Newly Registered

Post by soneasharma » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Thank you petroeconomist!

I appreciate your quick response. I am so confused about the documentations required, even though it is a straight forward application.

So, is it just the form, photographs, passport, biometric id, Life in the UK pass notification, last 12 months payslip and last 12 months bank statement?

Do I again need to provide maintenance fund evidence? Is it worth hiring an immigration advisor?

And yes, all the best for your appointment!

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:34 am

soneasharma wrote:Thank you petroeconomist!

I appreciate your quick response. I am so confused about the documentations required, even though it is a straight forward application.

So, is it just the form, photographs, passport, biometric id, Life in the UK pass notification, last 12 months payslip and last 12 months bank statement?

Do I again need to provide maintenance fund evidence? Is it worth hiring an immigration advisor?

And yes, all the best for your appointment!
Hi, my appointment is on 7th Feb and I am in similar situation. WP for 1.5 years and then Tier1 (G).

You do not need to provide maintenance fund evidence, that was a requirement for Tier1(G).

For straightforward applications, it is not worth spending money in hiring an advisor. Best is to avail same day service so that you can clarify anything, if required.

iliko
Newly Registered

Still not clear

Post by iliko » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:07 pm

I am applying in person in Croydon on 7-th as well but this bit is unclear for me too. Is not visa on passport an evidence of previous stay?

I have just read following CHAPTER 6A SECTION 1 – SETTLEMENT – TIER 1 policy document which did not mention anyhing such that in the list of required evidences.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

BTW it does not require evidence of cohabitation for the partner.

So we can successfully ignore it. Good luck to everyone.

tknayak

Re: Still not clear

Post by tknayak » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:31 pm

iliko wrote:I am applying in person in Croydon on 7-th as well but this bit is unclear for me too. Is not visa on passport an evidence of previous stay?

I have just read following CHAPTER 6A SECTION 1 – SETTLEMENT – TIER 1 policy document which did not mention anyhing such that in the list of required evidences.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

BTW it does not require evidence of cohabitation for the partner.

So we can successfully ignore it. Good luck to everyone.
P60s or tax statements for 5 years can be an evidence for the previous stay, although they can find it from your visa stamps. This is also advised in the FAQ in this site.

You have to provide some evidence for cohabitation for past 2 years with your spouse. It is mentioned in SET(O) form in page 32.

iliko
Newly Registered

Re: Still not clear

Post by iliko » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 pm

tknayak wrote: P60s or tax statements for 5 years can be an evidence for the previous stay, although they can find it from your visa stamps. This is also advised in the FAQ in this site.

You have to provide some evidence for cohabitation for past 2 years with your spouse. It is mentioned in SET(O) form in page 32.
In that case pay slip also can be used as evidence of previous stay. Yes you are right tknayak, although it says they require evidence of cohabitation for up to maximum 2 years which is said in SET (o)(in turn this is itself a duff statement, should have said minimum) the form is not a law so can not be enforced. Moreover a friend of mine got ILR yesterday and he have not been asked cohabitation evidence. On the other hand I agree it is save to have one rather than not to.

Daphne_ZA
Newly Registered

Post by Daphne_ZA » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 am

Another good source is requesting an Employment History from HMRC. It takes about a week to 10 days to arrive. (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/faqs/nicqemp.htm#9)

Phone 0845 300 0627 (The options will be : 2 ; 3 ; 6). You will need to give them your National Insurance number, and then answer a few security questions.

Ask for an Employment History for the last 5 tax years, including the current year. Ask for this to be broken down according to the tax years. They will ask if you want it to include Pay, TAX, etc. It's up tp you if you want this info on there.

It's an official documentation, and it's a summarised version of your P60's. So, if you have any concerns about missing P60's, or having to find old payslips, this will be your solution.

iliko
Newly Registered

Post by iliko » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Daphne_ZA wrote:Another good source is requesting an Employment History from HMRC. It takes about a week to 10 days to arrive. (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/faqs/nicqemp.htm#9)

Phone 0845 300 0627 (The options will be : 2 ; 3 ; 6). You will need to give them your National Insurance number, and then answer a few security questions.

Ask for an Employment History for the last 5 tax years, including the current year. Ask for this to be broken down according to the tax years. They will ask if you want it to include Pay, TAX, etc. It's up tp you if you want this info on there.

It's an official documentation, and it's a summarised version of your P60's. So, if you have any concerns about missing P60's, or having to find old payslips, this will be your solution.
Very good idea and infact I have asked for one a month ago and never received one then asked again a couple of days ago. Hopefully I will get it by 7-th of Feb.

Siddarth5
Newly Registered

Post by Siddarth5 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi guys,
I am in similar situation and I am wondering if you can help incase you have already cleared your interviews.
I am applying for ILR
1)I was on Work permit for 1.5 years
2)Then I moved to Tier 1 visa
3) Then I extended Tier 1 visa
Now I would like to apply for ILR as I am finishing 4 years 11 months

Relating to question 10L, Is it okay to just provide:
1) The letter form HMRC stating that I can work in the UK under work permit
2) then my initial Tier 1 application success
3) and my latest extension success for Tier 1

Is it necessry to give my P60s?

soneasharma
Newly Registered

Post by soneasharma » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:21 pm

tknayak wrote: Hi, my appointment is on 7th Feb and I am in similar situation. WP for 1.5 years and then Tier1 (G).

You do not need to provide maintenance fund evidence, that was a requirement for Tier1(G).

For straightforward applications, it is not worth spending money in hiring an advisor. Best is to avail same day service so that you can clarify anything, if required.
I believe you still need to provide proof of maintenance fund to support section 5.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:04 pm

soneasharma wrote: I believe you still need to provide proof of maintenance fund to support section 5.
It is not a requirement. But it is advisable to have sufficient fund in your account to make your case stronger.

iliko
Newly Registered

Post by iliko » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:56 pm

iliko wrote: Very good idea and infact I have asked for one a month ago and never received one then asked again a couple of days ago. Hopefully I will get it by 7-th of Feb.
Received my HMRC letter today after second call. Never received the one sent on 20th of December. So guys do not wait the letter forever and re-request it after max 10 working days.

Roopa Khanna
Newly Registered

Re: Set (O) Form documentation help required

Post by Roopa Khanna » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:10 pm

soneasharma wrote:Hello There,

I am applying for Settlement in UK using set(O) form. I am currently on Tier 1 (General) migrant visa. Prior to that I was on work permit for 1 and a half year, so my qualifying period of 5 years is partially on work permit.

My concern is the Document section of the form where my application falls under section 10L.

The form says -

10L Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

What does the last statement of this section means? What document should I provide? Is it visa documentation for the work permit? or the bank statements or pay slips or tax forms for when I was on work permit?

Please help me identify the documentation they are after.

Kind Regards,
Sonia
We fall under the same category - My husband was on work permit for 1 and a half year (Feb 21 2007 - Sep 2008), and later Tier 1 (Sep 2008 - Till Date).. so our qualifying period of 5 years is partially on work permit.

We are assuming that the section 10L refers to the Work Permit documents. We have the original WP document (and our company invite letter).

We have 250 absences too, but we're providing employer letter for only the business visits (around 100 days - cudn't manage to get Annual Leave mentioned in the letter).

Our PEO appointment is this friday, so I'll update this post about how it goes.

Roopa Khanna
Newly Registered

Post by Roopa Khanna » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

petroeconomist wrote:Helo Sonia,
I just filled up my application form for my next week appointment.

My case is also same as i was on WP for 2yrs and now on Tier-1 and applying for ILR.

You just checked box and show them the right Visa documents on your passport that would be enough.

Thats what i decided when i fill it up. We greatly welcomes other members opinion as it might help me as well.
I guess you are through with your ILR application. Can you please update us on how it went, and what was the proof for section 10L that you provided. Thank you.

mmmalas
Newly Registered

Post by mmmalas » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:23 pm

I have simular problem:

I got my first work permit,

I got my second work permit from second company, however that is closed now. before the company closed I got Tier 1.

since then I am on Tier 1, and will apply next week or two.
do I need to provide emplyment letters, or will the p60 be enough?

regards

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:06 am

mmmalas wrote:I have simular problem:

I got my first work permit,

I got my second work permit from second company, however that is closed now. before the company closed I got Tier 1.

since then I am on Tier 1, and will apply next week or two.
do I need to provide emplyment letters, or will the p60 be enough?

regards
As your current leave is under T1G you do not need any letter from employer.
If you have P60, you can include that but it is not mandatory.

iliko
Newly Registered

ILR (T1G) Croydon PEO

Post by iliko » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Hello all,

Got my ILR today. They did not require P60 or any document from HMRC.

All I provided is :
- 12 pay slips (BTW the last one was from December not January)
- 12 bank statements
- photos
- cohabitation evidences 2 - 1 per year.
- passports

THEY require copies of all documents including EMPTY pages of ALL passports.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Anyone can pls share his or her experience while booking the in person PEO appointment for ILR online, I mean any suggestions or precautions, I can take while I will be booking the appointment for myself and my husband online at the middle of may successfully without having any problems

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Anyone can pls share his or her experience while booking the in person PEO appointment for ILR online, I mean any suggestions or precautions, I can take while I will be booking the appointment for myself and my husband online at the middle of may successfully without having any problems

londonpal
Newly Registered

Got my ILR today (Post 1 : Booking an appointment)

Post by londonpal » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:19 pm

[b]Many thanks to everyone who posted their experience here. It was very helpful thanks[/b]

My experience of booking appointments as follows :
[i][b][u]Preparing for online appointment booking *you will see below why this was good*[/i][/b][/u]
[list]
Create UKBA login id and keep it simple (for e.g. consecutive chars of keyboard)
The memorable password was numbers 1 to 8 i.e. 12345678 (takes away the time needed to calculate which character is 6th for example)
Write login id, password, full names (as per passport), date of birth (date - separately, month separately, year separately and one as dd-mm-yyyy) on a Word Document
Copy and paste the link to UKBA Online Booking website in notepad (or Word document or whatever word processor you prefer) and to the Shortcuts to the browser you use
ensure that there are multiple places on your computer where you can click the link to online booking system. It helps.

[i][b][u]Booking appointment [/i][/b][/u]
[list]
Day - 1 Trying to book the appointment :
Woke up at 11.45 midnight
UKBA website goes down around 12.10 midnight
I kept refreshing the link again and again and site comes online
I enter the complicated and looong login Id I had created (I didn't prepare as above then)
I calculate the 3th, 6th and 7th char of a complex memorable password I had chosen
Pressed enter something wrong with my password or my memorable word
Re-entered the details, got it right this time..
Hit enter and UKBA site went down again
Time now is around 12.25 am
I keep clicking the link for online booking (don’t use refresh as sometimes browser takes the old version of page in it’s cache).
Approx 2 or 3 mins later the online logon for website appears again
I enter the complex logon details/memorable word.. again takes 2 attempts to get it right (remember I didn’t prepare)
Get to see appointments available 42 days from the date and few appointments for earlier date..
Excited about it.. chose a date.. Website goes down again
Time is approx. 12.35 am
Website comes back again after approx. 5 mins.. logon again, complex password entered again.. select options and even less appointments available this time…
Start entering the details manually looking at passports at times to ensure details are correct (Remember I didn’t prepare)..
15 mins gone entering the details and verifying (you cant change the details once you entered and if you enter wrong details, you wont be entertained at the PEO office)
On last screen entered press book appointment – Appointment is gone..
Chose the option to select other date/location/time and no more appointments available.
Time now is approx. 1 am….. I am tired and in anxiety….. No use nothing is available.. all appointments gone..

Day – 2 Next day is horrid as I slept around 2 am previous night… Also couldn’t stay up in night to book the appointment as was very sleepy.. so happily slept through the night and loudest alarm couldn’t wake me up at 11.45 am

Day – 3 : Got the appointment
During the day –
Registered again at UKBA website with simple username and 12345678 as memorable word
Ensured everything I needed to type was already in notepad (Tip : use word document or any other word processor you are comfortable with. I used notepad as I am techie and I know it’s faster than word.. I just needed the ability to cut/copy/paste).

11.45 pm :
Rehearsed couple of times trying to get the appointment during the day (no appointments available during the day) to ensure I have everything I need to

12 am – UKBA Site goes down
12.10 am – Before website comes up.. I have browser on half screen, notepad on another..
Approx. 12.15 am
Site comes up..
I am on fire.. copying pasting from notepad and entering details in jiffy
Get to appointment screen in less than 1 min sharp
Chose an appointment date, copy pasted from notepad and when I pressed button, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…………….. website goes down again..
12.20am – 1 am : Tried booking the appointment, but irrespective of how quick I was, said appointments not available. Error message no longer states Appointment not available.. It said there is an error booking appointment (or something like that).
1 am – Eureka moment – Just thought check the email as the error message is different and may be appointment got booked before site went down again.. and BINGOOOOO an email confirming the appointment is there.. But doesn’t show on my logon page..
Wrote a note to website’s administrator to confirm if there was an issue with my booking and that site isn’t allowing me to book another one..
UKBA administrators got back very quickly to confirm the appointment was booked. There was issue with the system that appointment not showing up

[b]Bottomline is : [/b]
PREPARation helped me.. .. Keeping my logon id, password etc. HELPED ME… In my view, best chance to book appointment – within 10 mins of website coming up in midnight.. that’s the time appointments for 42 days from TODAY are released.. So don’t waste your precious time by trying to logon with complex username/passwords and memorable words.. NOT WORTH IT in my humble opinion..

[b][i] Keep Watching[/b][/i] Next is documents I carried (courtesy this website I was very prepared and the officer said – He was very pleased with the way I organised stuff. Made it easy for him to get through the application ASAPP..

Something I didn’t expect.. but was very nice to hear… and no I am not related to anyone who owns this discussion board

[/list]
[list] [/list]

My case was very straightforward :
[list]
[/list]
[b]For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met
the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.[/b]

Bit of disclaimer – I am just sharing my experience.. Not saying this is exactly how it happens and how you should do it.. Make your call
[/u]