ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

son turning 18 in June outside UK Visa app - HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yeahkisha
Newly Registered

son turning 18 in June outside UK Visa app - HELP

Post by yeahkisha » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:19 pm

HI I am in UK and my tier 1 is valid until Dec 2012. My son and wife are in India and planning to apply for their visa during May 2012. My son DOB is 14th June 1994. He will be turning 18 in June. How late can I apply for him as a dependent?

Page 20 of the dependent policy states that the child must be under the age of 18 on the date of application.

So, I guess if I apply for him before June 13th 2012, I should be fine right?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Better to apply as soon as possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

yeahkisha
Newly Registered

Thanks for the response

Post by yeahkisha » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Vinny, Thanks for your response. I will be maintaining funds in my account for me, my wife and my son (800+1600+1600=4000, as I arrived in UK on May 15th 2011) starting 20th of this Month. That will allow me to go for their stamping on or after 20th of April. I will to get an appointment as soon as possible (around April 22nd). I hope this should be OK. Do you agree?

Also, just wanted to know if I plan their visa appointment around May 16th will it be too late? This will allow me to have less funds available in my account. (Just a worst case scenario planning purpose).

Greatly appreciate your help and advise.

Thanks
Kisha