ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is single room Accomodation sufficent?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rosmary
Newly Registered

Is single room Accomodation sufficent?

Post by rosmary » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi forum

I have question regarding Accommodation requirement for ILR.

I am renting a room in a 3 bed shared house with two other people and paying £50 per week including all bills and council tax.

The Tenancy agreement is one person name living with us and he is paying to landlord rent.

Now my question is

1.What evidence do I need for accommodation? I got Tenancy Agreement and rent book only.Utility bills are on other name.

2.Do I need Property Inspection Report and Room Photo

Is this enough? What else do i need for accommodation?

Anyone with this experience please share with me.

I am a single person without any dependent.

Kind regards

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:00 pm

I think as long as you have got Tenancy Agreement and rent book, you will be fine.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:12 pm

If your name isn't on the Tenancy agreement you will need a letter from the landlord confirming you have the right to live there.
Under what visa category of ILR are you applying under?

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:18 pm

evidence of proof of accomodation surely is not a requirement for ILR via any of economic routes

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Which is why I've queried the visa category.

rosmary
Newly Registered

Post by rosmary » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Casa wrote:Which is why I've queried the visa category.
This is access to child visa under paragraph 248D.There is a requirement for accommodation own or occupy exclusively.

rosmary
Newly Registered

Post by rosmary » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Casa wrote:If your name isn't on the Tenancy agreement you will need a letter from the landlord confirming you have the right to live there.
What about council tax and other evidence?

Do I need property inspection report and house photographs?

Do I need house deeds to prove who owns house?

rosmary
Newly Registered

Post by rosmary » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:42 pm

rosmary wrote:
Casa wrote:If your name isn't on the Tenancy agreement you will need a letter from the landlord confirming you have the right to live there.

ideas please?

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 pm

rosmary wrote:
rosmary wrote:

ideas please?
I dont think you need to show house deed as you dont own a house, but you may need a property inspction report from a qualified Surveyor. Last I checked they cost around £350 but that was 3 years back when I was required to produce them for applying for dependant visa for me wife. Plus it would help if you had a council tax statement with your name on it as additional proof.

I dont think it is necessary but I had the property inspection report verified by a solicitors letter as well, it makes your application rock solid.

To add to above, at that time even I was living in a shared accomodation, but it was not a issue as long as the number people living in the property are as per council guidlines and the house has all the safety features required for a HMO (that is if you tell the surveyor its a HMO). And most inportant, the room you are occupying is big enough for 2 people.

Call a surveyor company and they can tell you the requirements in detail. If you dont know any, ask your council, they should be able to recommend some to you.