ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time between acknowledgement and biometrics

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tonynz

Time between acknowledgement and biometrics

Post by tonynz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi there,

I've posted my application today and I was wondering why it takes so long between acknowledgement and the biometrics letter?

Also what is the process? Will I get a letter regarding biometrics and I will need to give my biometrics and they will send in my details or do I have to post them again?

Thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Once you have posted the application and the payment goes through okay, you would get the acknowledgement followed by the biometric letter.

Typically they should be posting the acknowledgement after receiving the application but you'd typically receive it once the payment is through.

You might get the acknowledgement and biometric letter within 2 weeks of posting the application :)

Once you get the Biometric letter, you either book a Biometric appointment or register the details at a walkin center (post office). You don't need to send anything. The photographs and fingerprints will be sent automatically to the Home Office.

Hope that helps