ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaiknoordeen_73
Newly Registered

Visa extension period

Post by shaiknoordeen_73 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 am

Dear,

I got visa valid from 15/08/2010 to 14/08/2010,and working in saudi arabia. I would like to go back to UK and extend the visa on july,2012 and settle over UK.

I would like to know that if extension is possible, then for how long would they extend the visa?

Thanks lot for ur valuable answer.

Shaik Noordeen.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Please check the expiry dates.

I believe your current leave expires in 2013. Beyond which you can get an extension for 2 yrs. As you've not been in UK for nearly 1.5 yrs of your Visa period, you might have to convince the immigration officers that you are committed to live and work in UK. As they can revoke the permission at the time of entry.

Once your initial 2 yr extension period is complete, you can extend for 2 yrs again and again until you complete 5 yrs in UK, beyond which you can choose to get an Indefinite leave to remain (ILR)

Hope that helps